Ice Mining anyone?

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
This entry was put in the Galactapedia yesterday:

We know from a previous Inside Star Citizen, just out of focus, behind the main show speaker, that comets were being worked on. Coincidence? I think not.

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
So one of the biggest things about SC is that they want realism everywhere they can't put it that won't negatively impact gameplay. Ice mining is going to be absolutely essential to all things space exploration IRL so it only makes sense to put it in-game. It is a great source for both Hydrogen and Oxygen, 2 components of fuel currently and, well, being able to breathe. Not only that but a giant ice ball floating around in space is going to pick up a lot of other things that are useful resources like ammonia and carbon dioxide. So in-game I think that is all going to translate to CIG cramming a ton of useful stuff into comets and asteroids that we can go after. Plus, all that stuff about packing the coolers that @Hybus was talking about.

Reactions: Bambooza

Thraesh

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Thraesh19
I'm all for this gameplay myself if, and this is a big if, they allow us to swap out current mining heads on the current 3 mining ships. I do expect that we will see a mining barge, much like in EVE directed at this gameplay and I'm sure I will buy one but I hope that current mining ships will also have this capability.

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?