Idris P "Upgrade" Clarification

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
The Aftermarket Upgrade Kit for the Idris-P is only providing "parts", not replacing the mentioned items like a Vanguard BUK would. Think buying something from Voyager Direct. It's the same thing. Here is what follows:

The Idris P comes equipped with 6x ASA Turrets with 2x S5 guns each.

It also has 4x remote turrets with 2x S4's each.

It DOES have a S10 weapon slot but it is currently empty. You will be able to equip S10 weapons to this slot when you get them. The S10 hardpoint has not been removed from the hull contrary to popular belief.

The Idris-P Aftermarket Upgrade Kit or bag of goodies includes the following:

1x S10 Beam weapon

4x M2C Automated Point Defense Systems. These have 2x S4 guns on them. You can swap out any (up to 4) of your remote turrets for these. (I do mean swap. Just like how you alter your loadout on ships today. It is not a permanent replacement and can be swapped back whenever you want.)

1x Missile turret that has 2x missile launchers. Each launcher has 8x S3 missiles. Giving you a total of 16x S3 missiles. You can swap out one of your ASA turrets for this. (I do mean swap. Just like how you alter your loadout on ships today. It is not a permanent replacement and can be swapped back whenever you want.)

Hope this helps people with their decisions tomorrow.

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
They did say a bigger powerplant to run it all too.
I dont know to what you are referring to sir. The kit does not include a powerplant. I think you maybe be referring to the Idris-M's second powerplant to help power it's S10 railgun. The Idris-P only has one powerplant as of now and is one of the defining differences between the P and M variants.

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
I have a specific question about this kit and a general question about equipment in general. Does this kit come with insurance? Like if your idris gets blown up are you covered? And do they sell equipment upgrades for the ships we do have with insurance?

Reactions: Deroth

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
I have a specific question about this kit and a general question about equipment in general. Does this kit come with insurance? Like if your idris gets blown up are you covered? And do they sell equipment upgrades for the ships we do have with insurance?
That I don't know but if it is like Voyager Direct then you always have the parts. I would imagine if you had the parts equipped to the Idris-P and it died horribly then it would be a part of the insurance cost but who knows. I'm sure that will get clarified at some point though. Good question.

Reactions: Stevetank

Horatus

Space Marshal
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Horatus
I dont know to what you are referring to sir. The kit does not include a powerplant. I think you maybe be referring to the Idris-M's second powerplant to help power it's S10 railgun. The Idris-P only has one powerplant as of now and is one of the defining differences between the P and M variants.
I should not drin kwhen I read sales materials.

Reactions: JackAvalon

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
That I don't know but if it is like Voyager Direct then you always have the parts. I would imagine if you had the parts equipped to the Idris-P and it died horribly then it would be a part of the insurance cost but who knows. I'm sure that will get clarified at some point though. Good question.
Do they still have voyager direct purchases available? where you always have the parts?

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
Do they still have voyager direct purchases available? where you always have the parts?
They got rid of the Voyager Direct store. But those items that you purchased in the past would be listed in the My Hangar section of your account on the RSI website. This too will be listed in the My Hangar section and you should be able to equip/unequip them like you do now with ships weapons in the hangar in-game.

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
We basically get a size 10 Laser Beam, and some arsenal options.
Its better than an empty size 10 slot, so its good.
The P variant needed some love anyway.

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
They got rid of the Voyager Direct store. But those items that you purchased in the past would be listed in the My Hangar section of your account on the RSI website. This too will be listed in the My Hangar section and you should be able to equip/unequip them like you do now with ships weapons in the hangar in-game.
I don't think I was actively following the game when voyager direct was a thing. Is there an alternative place to purchase equipment outside of the game or is it all in game now? I assume that the ingame stuff has limited/no insurance yes?

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The Idris P comes equipped with. . .
Can you tell us how recent your info is and where it came from?

I am curious becasue when the detail on the Idris was last made available (that I'm aware of) was before the decision to include S7-9 weapons. The Kraken was the first to include 8 S8 guns, and it appears it is much more heavily armed than an Idris, which makes little sense to me. I was expecting they would rewrite the stats to include these new weapon sizes and numbers, but perhaps my presumption was mistaken? Is there current word on the Idris weaponry?

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
Can you tell us how recent your info is and where it came from?

I am curious becasue when the detail on the Idris was last made available (that I'm aware of) was before the decision to include S7-9 weapons. The Kraken was the first to include 8 S8 guns, and it appears it is much more heavily armed than an Idris, which makes little sense to me. I was expecting they would rewrite the stats to include these new weapon sizes and numbers, but perhaps my presumption was mistaken? Is there current word on the Idris weaponry?
My info is from the ship store page for the Idris-P. Also, asked in Concierge chat to confirm that the stats are indeed current. I was assured that the weapon hardpoints and the weapons attached to those hardpoints are indeed correct as of today. THings may change in the future again but as of now, that's how it is.

Forgot your password?