Idris Redesign

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
There is one other thing: looking at this Idris vid, I'm getting more and more anxious about this permadeath kind of thing. There will the time come, when we won't wake up at Port Olisar again and again. And what about the poor gamers who are loosing their precious capital ship? I can already hear their screams - like of this guy in the EVE-vid, where he screams the hell out of his soul at the end. It always gives me the goosebumps and I'm asking myself: what will I do, when finally one of my lovely ships is being wrecked by some small penissed wannabe pirate space schmucks...?

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
There is one other thing: looking at this Idris vid, I'm getting more and more anxious about this permadeath kind of thing. There will the time come, when we won't wake up at Port Olisar again and again. And what about the poor gamers who are loosing their precious capital ship? I can already hear their screams - like of this guy in the EVE-vid, where he screams the hell out of his soul at the end. It always gives me the goosebumps and I'm asking myself: what will I do, when finally one of my lovely ships is being wrecked by some small penissed wannabe pirate space schmucks...?
It will take quite a bit of balancing, but the permadeath mechanic should be a deterrent to suicidal zerg attacks on people just for the lulz. The other deterrent to being trolled is being a member of a big org with a billion Auroras to defend you and help you get revenge if needed.

Reactions: AstroSam

Capt_Baldi

Grand Admiral
May 13, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt_Baldi
That clip from EVE gives me the goosebumps in the end as well Sam. Damn. :P

One thing I'm really looking forward to, is how they're going to morph the Idris model (And any other huge ship) from Perfect to Destroyed.
In the video around 29:15, he's showing of the "Good day" version of the Idris, and moments later alt-tabs out and adjusts a slider, morphing the sound environment into a more and more damaged state.

It's an amazing feature, no doubt - I just REALLY hope the visuals will follow along as well.
Again, can't wait to see more.. :D
I hope they'll show of even more at Gamescom as well as some planet stuff!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
That clip from EVE gives me the goosebumps in the end as well Sam. Damn. :p
Ah bugger, I linked the wrong vid (embedded it without last quality check, beginners fail :D). This is the vid I meant:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmS9vcVNr5A
At about 3:15 this teamspeak guy has kind of a mental breakdown while - in my understanding - his capital ship becomes first a sun and then a...nothing. ;) THAT gives me the goosebumps - and fear.

Reactions: Capt_Baldi

Capt_Baldi

Grand Admiral
May 13, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt_Baldi
Ah bugger, I linked the wrong vid (embedded it without last quality check, beginners fail :D). This is the vid I meant:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmS9vcVNr5A
At about 3:15 this teamspeak guy has kind of a mental breakdown while - in my understanding - his capital ship becomes first a sun and then a...nothing. ;) THAT gives me the goosebumps - and fear.
Aah haha. Ah well. The first one gave me goosebumps, the second one didn't. :D But I understand where you're coming from. It won't be funny to loose a capital ship in the PU, but if you've acquired a capital ship, you should have the funds to replace it if something goes wrong.. Unless you've spent real life money on the thing, then.. rip.. :)

Forgot your password?