Idris Upgrade Kit Insurance Bamboozle

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
I just hope we are able to keep them in those "free hangers" on starting worlds that was a perk. The financial drain to house them otherwise is going to be crazy. I might not own a full size cap ship, but I do own a fair number of the larger industrial ships. I don't want to be scrambling to keep the money rolling in to pay hanger rent on that many large birds.

Reactions: Deroth and O-Lefty

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Just another reason to not own an idris P.

Its becoming increasingly clear that these cap ships are a collosal waste of money compared to other ships.
Let's agree to disagree.

The Idris is my favorite ship, it embodies the main reason I want to play the game - truly cooperative gaming where multiple players must work together to operate big ships.

I could honestly care less whether or not its parts have LTI. Insurance will be available in game and only a fool would fly the ship without insurance anyway so it's really a moot point IMO.

Horatus

Space Marshal
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Horatus
Cap ships that require 30+ people are a status symbol.
I have named my status symbol the Divine Hammer (Malleus Divinus) . My 100% legal space farm will be called the SS Space Corn. I figure I will park them on blocks right next to other Testies Land claims to increase their property value when I cant afford to run them.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
Let's agree to disagree.

The Idris is my favorite ship, it embodies the main reason I want to play the game - truly cooperative gaming where multiple players must work together to operate big ships.

I could honestly care less whether or not its parts have LTI. Insurance will be available in game and only a fool would fly the ship without insurance anyway so it's really a moot point IMO.

The Idris M, at a thousand dollars possibly the idris P, at what is now somewhere between 1650 and 1800 (this is if you have the weapon kit to actually make it useful) dollars depending on how its funded, absolutely no way.

I can have one tomorrow, i can email concierge and get mine unmelted so its not buyers envy, or defending a purchase, I can get my Kraken back the same or both at the same time if i ask nicely.

My point isnt so much about insurance, although the rip off price for the weapons kit and the fact as a cash purchase of new equipment its a pretty shitty move not giving it lti, but the actual worth of the ship/s for their price compared to other ships, for what they actually offer is objectively terrible value for real world money.

I am aware thats a pretty rich statment when i am talking about judging them against other pretend spaceships costing several hundred dollars, but there it is.

I genuinely believe the the capital ships are many times cheaper now than they would be if you were to buy the uec with real cash and purchase them when the game is live, thats not in question, what I dont believe is that you are going to get a thousand dollars more gameplay if you chose an idris over a polaris, or Kraken over a Carrack.

Now, if YOU are happy with your purchase and and your vision of you are going to play the game, THAT is all that matters, I am just explaining why, in my view for me, they are not worth it.

Last edited:

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
Test is my status symbol in-game. The ships are only there in service of the org; can’t Kraken without a crew of drunks.
As silly as it sounds, and i know the entry requirements are fairly low (own an aurora, dedicate your existence to the one true god king etc) but I feel the same, even if litterally everybody is in Test lol.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
It was started in concierge chat during the sale that the kit would inherit the ships insurance when applied. Recent responses to concierge requests have said the 72 month insurance was intended. I bought it based on a paid CIG employees word that was providing assistance/answers during the sale saying it would be LTI, essentially.

I've been bamboozled. Unless they are just internally confused... which is likely...
Did you think every CIG employee's every word was corporate policy?

Apart from getting the poor sod some disciplinaty measures, I doubt there's much you can do. Certainly CIG isn't going to change policy based upon what some employee said in chat. You can always melt the package, no?

Reactions: Deroth

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
You guys are arguing on the internet over thousands of dollars worth of non existant pixel ships in a non existant game that isn't gonna be shipped for anither three years. Do you realise how silly that is?

If it annoys you that much then just sell your account and spend the $5000+ dollars on hookers beer and other fun stuff.

Reactions: Deroth

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
You guys are arguing on the internet over thousands of dollars worth of non existant pixel ships in a non existant game that isn't gonna be shipped for anither three years. Do you realise how silly that is?

If it annoys you that much then just sell your account and spend the $5000+ dollars on hookers beer and other fun stuff.
Damn! Bamboozled again. I joined TEST for fun not to be silly. That annoys me more than the 5K I spent on hookers and beer instead of internet spaceships!

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
umm.. isn't a refund available for a limited amount of time after a purchase from CIG?

Forgot your password?