If it isn't SC ships....it's Lego purchases

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
So any of you that saw the pictures of my office that I posted a while back know I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Lego.I've always been a fan and even though I'm almost 30(sucks) I still love how inventive the sets are and how fun they are to build. I don't have space to just take random pieces and make new stuff so I settle for keeping the sets intact and displaying them. They are to me what a model builder gets when they are done.

Today Lego released some new sets. I have several weekends and hundreds of dollars to be spent in the near future. Here are some sets that just came out I'll be getting this month with links.

Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3245
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Mercedes-Benz-Arocs-3245-42043

Crawler Crane
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Crawler-Crane-42042

Fire Plane
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Fire-Plane-42040?fromListing=listing

And if you're a VIP(simple signup, no requirements) and you buy $75 or more between August 1-14 then you get this free:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Free-VIP-Pirates-Set-NA

Since I'm also a Classic Pirates fan this works out so well. I bought the Mercedes set this morning and by the afternoon it was sold out. Glad I got mine. I'm going to spread the purchases out and get the Crane next and then the Plane and another set to reach the $75. Any Lego fans here like me?

p.s. this is still better and cheaper than trying to buy and paint a 40K army(Which I would totally get if I had enough money and time)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jhonon1

Derkerter

Space Marshal
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Derkerter
I just want all the architecture sets. I have 4 of the least expensive ones, but I just can't afford more right now.
I want the UN building, FallingWater, and the Flatiron the most out of the ones currently listed.
I also have an extreme want for the Creator Opera house, but that's almost $350. The Maersk freightliner and the mini cooper are also high up on the "derk wants" list.
Nabbed a minecraft set the other day though because I'm obviously 10 and it was on clearance.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Tell me you also got the Lego Worlds on Early Access on Steam???
http://store.steampowered.com/app/332310/

There is a Mixel set in the game that one of my sons pointed out last time I was at Wal-Mart.
Funny you should mention that. I'm waiting for it to be released for real before I play. :)

I just want all the architecture sets. I have 4 of the least expensive ones, but I just can't afford more right now.
I want the UN building, FallingWater, and the Flatiron the most out of the ones currently listed.
I also have an extreme want for the Creator Opera house, but that's almost $350. The Maersk freightliner and the mini cooper are also high up on the "derk wants" list.
Nabbed a minecraft set the other day though because I'm obviously 10 and it was on clearance.
I've looked at those and they are something I keep in the back of my mind to get and then Lego comes out with something I want more. FYI the Maersk freightliner comes with like 3 pages of stickers to put on all the crates. I saw a picture of it on Reddit. I bought my first Minecraft set a couple weeks ago. Love it. Never played the game but there was something refreshing about building such a 'blocky' set again.

I have the Mini Cooper and it is a treat to build and has very solid construction.

Derkerter

Space Marshal
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Derkerter
I have this need to build a minecraft "mini world" from lego, it's just perfectly suited for it, and I have the carpentry skills to make a good multilevel stand/support system for it, but eh, maybe when I get a good paying job I'll finally do it :cool:

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
I have always wanted to justify buying lego's as an adult but I never could reason with myself to buy them. yet i spend hours sometimes looking at some in the stores. As a child and growing up, they were literally the only thing I played with. I used to trade my other toys for lego's with other children.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I have always wanted to justify buying lego's as an adult but I never could reason with myself to buy them. yet i spend hours sometimes looking at some in the stores. As a child and growing up, they were literally the only thing I played with. I used to trade my other toys for lego's with other children.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
HAHA ! seriously right. Last time I was looking at the Millenium Falcon one... or the Star Destroyer ones ! I really wanna build one of those so bad !!

honestly we should petition RSI/CIG to do a special official Lego of say the Retaliator or Redeemer or something.

Like not the size the other guy did there, but, something official around 1,500 pieces

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
HAHA ! seriously right. Last time I was looking at the Millenium Falcon one... or the Star Destroyer ones ! I really wanna build one of those so bad !!

honestly we should petition RSI/CIG to do a special official Lego of say the Retaliator or Redeemer or something.

Like not the size the other guy did there, but, something official around 1,500 pieces

I don't know if you know about Lego Ideas(if not go look it up) they are still discussing if a Lego Hornet will be made into a set. I'm hoping it does. I'd get like 3.

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
Seriously, I saw the first picture of your post and I though: " What the Aurora comes with an excavator arm!?, RIGHTEOUS!"
Back in France when I was a kid, our family didn't have much when it came to toys but what we had were plenty of Legos. Everywhere legos. They are the best! Thanks for taking me back.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I love Legoes still. My particular weakness is Star Wars Legoes. Every few months, I find myself somehow accruing another set or two...

Reactions: honcho12

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
You should start doing build logs (or videos) so we can live your lego life through you :( I can not afford legos

Forgot your password?