If you have time, please give Feedback to the Devs on Asteroid Mining

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
you summed it up nicely, I particularly liked your feedback in the fracturing process. One bad lag spike and *kablam* there goes your ship

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
you summed it up nicely, I particularly liked your feedback in the fracturing process. One bad lag spike and *kablam* there goes your ship
Thank you. I had a particularly good fragment last night that was 22% laranite or something with other minerals that needed to be broken down more and just could not crack it because the green zone was razor thin and the rock was over 2.0 instability so the energy is going up and down faster than I can adjust power to compensate. A buffer on either side, even a very small one would have helped immensely. It wasn't even really a lag problem, the rock was just too unstable for the green zone to handle that I could see.

Much appreciated.

Looks like you hit every point perfectly, up-voted!
Thank you!

Reactions: Deroth

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Thank you. I had a particularly good fragment last night that was 22% laranite or something with other minerals that needed to be broken down more and just could not crack it because the green zone was razor thin and the rock was over 2.0 instability so the energy is going up and down faster than I can adjust power to compensate. A buffer on either side, even a very small one would have helped immensely. It wasn't even really a lag problem, the rock was just too unstable for the green zone to handle that I could see.

Much appreciated.

Thank you!
My guess with this is there will be stronger lazers or more accurate lazers which will make that green area bigger they have to leave some customization for minning or it will dull out very quickly. Maybe add that to your list you need goals for different equipment to mine more difficult materials.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
My guess with this is there will be stronger lazers or more accurate lazers which will make that green area bigger they have to leave some customization for minning or it will dull out very quickly. Maybe add that to your list you need goals for different equipment to mine more difficult materials.
I have no doubt something similar is coming in the future to that but we have to work with what we got atm.

f_monster

Grand Admiral
Aug 4, 2017
RSI Handle
Garrant
Great post. Upvoted.

I, too, believe that you are working with what is present, but that items like better lazers, scanners, etc will be something to purchase in the future. No matter how you look at it, mining (to me at least) is looking bright!

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Great post. Upvoted.

I, too, believe that you are working with what is present, but that items like better lazers, scanners, etc will be something to purchase in the future. No matter how you look at it, mining (to me at least) is looking bright!
Thank you sir! I agree that the future for Mining is bright.

Forgot your password?