ILW Week 2024 FAQ & Limited Ships Sales

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
For those who have not seen it yet, CIG has posted an upcoming Invictus Launch Week FAQ message (including timing for limited stock ship sales) at the following link:

https:// robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/invictus-launch-week-2954-faq

Key points from their post for ship buyers:

Stock-limited ship sales days are:

ILW Day 1 & 2 - May 17 & 18: RSI Constellation Phoenix
ILW Day 5 & 6 - May 21 & 22: Aegis Idris-P, Aegis Javelin
ILW Day 9 & 10 - May 25 & 26: Drake Kraken, Drake Kraken Privateer

Three stock-limited sales waves per day are planned:

Wave 1: 16:00 UTC (9 AM Pacific)
Wave 2: 00:00 UTC (5 PM Pacific)
Wave 3: 08:00 UTC (1 AM Pacific)

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
So far, each wave of the non WB Idris offerings has lasted less than a few sec. CIG really needs to ban bots if not make it to where an account can only own 1 non WB limited hull vehicle version to give others opportunities. *sighs in frustration*

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
So far, each wave of the non WB Idris offerings has lasted less than a few sec. CIG really needs to ban bots if not make it to where an account can only own 1 non WB limited hull vehicle version to give others opportunities. *sighs in frustration*
Given that almost all hull-limited ships tend to sell out quickly, and many (Krakens, Idris, Javellin) are account-bound due to their price, it may be less an issue of bots and more a case of CIG deliberately keeping the number they list for sale well below the number they would expect to be able to sell (I believe there's possibly only 30-50 non-WB copies of each ship per wave).

I do think that restricting the number of these ships (standalone, not part of a pack) that an individual can purchase (buyback plus hangar, including ones the accunt has previously "gifted away" to others) would be a nice change, particularly if they also included the "giftable" hull-limited ships as well, to limit resellers from buying them up to resell and boost their concierge level. Of course, I can also see how some people may want multiples, to allow them to be "stored" in various systems (Pyro, Stanton, etc.) and use smaller shuttles to move between them, rather than be forced to fly these ships between the systems (save on fuel costs as well as time when there's a direct route for smaller ships that won't allow these to fly direct), so there needs to be some mechanism to allow for those people as well.

Ideally, they should do away with the current sale system for them and replace it with a "lottery" of sorts, where people can indicate their interest in the ships in advance and "x" of these players are selected at "random" (chance being weighted in favor of those who haven't purchased the ship previously) and offered the option to buy them, having 24 hours to complete the purchase.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Well, I'm not sure what to do now. Wave 3 came & I was able to add it to my cart, but when I went to pay, it was already out of stock in that short of time, leaving it still in my account cart primed to be paid for. Anybody think that there will be more waves on day 2 of Aegis? I truly hope that there will be.

• o7
Reactions: Garonman

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Anybody think that there will be more waves on day 2 of Aegis?
Not until IAE in November. Sorry you didn't get your Idris. I'm sure it's not much consolation, but Testies who have one will probably need a lot of help to crew theirs - org members who are online at the same time might already have more capital ships between them than we can crew to the point where we pose more danger to the enemy than to ourselves.

Forgot your password?