Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Intelligence Reports show that you are DRUNK.

Well done!
Hahaha, thanks Cosmic. Paying for it today. Worth it!
Is this in addition to the ships you already have?
If yes, I vote BEER.
If no, I vote BEER.
Beer it is!
It's not in addition, it would be upgrades.
I would have voted for stuff with things, but that wasnt an option.
Haha, stuff AND things!
I vote you gift your brother all the ships, because he's a great guy. He even has a constant reminder of how much he loves you in his Avatar.
And I want to fly around in the Aquila and the Redeemer. Those other ships don't have as many guns.... Carrack /spits is Carrap
That Avatar is AMAZING! @Gauna do that for you?
We shall talk ships, you and I. Our fleets need to compliment each other.
What you really want is a beer, And a TEST Squadron branded Hockey jersey!
The hockey jersey. . .
Where is the thread again? I could be interested.
Yessss... and convince five other testies the joy of the jersey. Let's lower that price fellas.
Five more? Hey @CrudeSasquatch, you interested?
My dearest owl,

I don't know how often we talked about this topic. But however, I'm loving it to be your strong, light side of TEST, being most of the time sober :D

Now, looking to your question and facing the facts: The Aquila (Exploration of whatever kind, incl. Rover) can be played as a SP, as well problably could be the Harbinger (Earth's standard fighter-bomber, converting the standard Warden model's escape pod into a potent bomb bay). BUT: we don't now yet how efficient the NPC will operate, and perhaps the Harbinger is efficiently usable only at least with two RL persons.
In the years of my gaming history, every bombing mission always bored the hell out of me.

Furtheron:
The Carrack (deep space exploration, jump hole scientific analysis) as well as the Reclaimer (wreckage collector and recycler) are both 100% pure multiplayer vessels. No chance to operate them as SP in my opinion.

You now want to choose between vessels with a total different focus, but want to melt your only ship which is - status quo today - the only of them which is 100% playable as a single player? Really? In my opinion, there isn't even the question of what to choose, if you HAVE to choose finally ;) Ergo: keep the Aquila. If you are forced by dark inner voices to melt and buy something, then melt the Carrack and buy the Reclaimer. Thats MP against MP, and you probably owning then a vessel which can earn you some bucks. Biggest garbage truck in the known verse :D

Hopefully, that my thoughts (and words) are helpfull for you :)

Cheers!
Sam
I love your breakdowns Sam. So intuitive. Yes, I would rather not have too many multi-player ships. I like being able to run solo with methe majority of my ships. I will not be melting anything.
I currently have the mega-explorer pack, which has both an Aquila and a Carrack. I also have an Aquila>Harbinger CCU, a warden BUK (so I can use the Harbinger as a fighter - she's very versatile with the BUKs, and I like that) and a bunch of Carrack/Reclaimer/Crucible/Endeavor CCUs.

The Carrack can only go lateral or up, so she either stays as a Carrack, or becomes another industry ship.

I have many options. It should also be noted that I have both a DUR and a Terrapin for exploration in that mix as well.

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
A solid exploration detachment would be a Carrack (with Pisces), a DangerTurtle, and a WarChip carrying a Sabre or similar. It is no coincidence this is now my fleet makeup sans the Sabre (at least for now).

Long range sensing and jump mapping (some cargo too), sneaky force recon, and a QRF GunChip (also with some cargo) to drop the hammer or provide cover for an escape.

Liking how this is starting to shape up.

'Gimp

Gauna

Graphic Goddess
Officer
Nov 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Gauna

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
(Terrapin is the space AWACS of Star Citizen; just sayin')
And we lovesss it my precioussss. :)
A solid exploration detachment would be a Carrack (with Pisces), a DangerTurtle, and a WarChip carrying a Sabre or similar. It is no coincidence this is now my fleet makeup sans the Sabre (at least for now).

Long range sensing and jump mapping (some cargo too), sneaky force recon, and a QRF GunChip (also with some cargo) to drop the hammer or provide cover for an escape.

Liking how this is starting to shape up.

'Gimp
That does sound like an amazing fleet, and I love the idea of it. I'm keeping my fleet focused a wee bit more towards the solo-able ships. My caterpillar and my Carrack/Reclaimer will be my only real large ships. I think that suites my play style.

I will, however, be crewing on your WarChip

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
And we lovesss it my precioussss. :)

That does sound like an amazing fleet, and I love the idea of it. I'm keeping my fleet focused a wee bit more towards the solo-able ships. My caterpillar and my Carrack/Reclaimer will be my only real large ships. I think that suites my play style.

I will, however, be crewing on your WarChip
You will be welcome aboard all!!

Honestly, nothing bigger than maybe the Connie would make any sense if I did not belong to such an august and upstanding gang of ne'erdowells as TEST Squadron, the Best Squardon.

'Gimp

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Yes, i made CrudeSasquatch's new avatar >>> https://testsquadron.com/threads/sams-happy-hour-gmt-1-daily-work-coffee-bar.6820/page-124#post-142256

Back to this topic, i'd say: Turn Aquila into Harbinger and keep your Carrack as primary exploration vessel. I can be your crew of Carrack when it becomes flyable. ;)
Beautiful Avatar. Well done!
That is my original plan, and I may run that way. I've wanted the Carrack forever. I can CCU to the Reclaimer if it's released first, check it out, then CCU back when the Carrack is released. I have the CCUs.
Yup. Again.
Hi Drunk, I'm Dad!
Yeah you are!
I say you ccu to Endeavor and gift to me!
Haha, you know, if it was a standalone ship, that could be a possibility. But unfortunately, she's in a package.
Sorry buddy.

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
You will be welcome aboard all!!

Honestly, nothing bigger than maybe the Connie would make any sense if I did not belong to such an august and upstanding gang of ne'erdowells as TEST Squadron, the Best Squardon.

'Gimp
Amen to that. That's the only reason I ever even considered the Carrack and Reclaimer.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Haha, you know, if it was a standalone ship, that could be a possibility. But unfortunately, she's in a package.
Sorry buddy.
Buy an LTI Carrack.
Buy Carrick to Reclaimed CCU.
Apply Endeavor CCU.
Send to me.
I send you my Carrack.
You upgrade to Reclaimer.

Profit!!!

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Hahaha, I would still have to drop $350 US Dollars. My wife would eviscerate me. I really wish I could. :( I actually wish I could just gift you an endeavour CCU. They will go on sale again. Hopefully for the anniversay sale at the end of November.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Hahaha, I would still have to drop $350 US Dollars. My wife would eviscerate me. I really wish I could. :( I actually wish I could just gift you an endeavour CCU. They will go on sale again. Hopefully for the anniversay sale at the end of November.
I'm not too worried. I just want my dream team to be complete so I can kick back with a hard root beer and enjoy the Verse.

Forgot your password?