I'm impressed with the Avenger Titan

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
Finally got around to CCUing the Aurora that I never use :/ I'll probably pick one up in the verse with game money for the TEST meme.

But the Avenger! Wow. For $50 this thing is awesome. Can fight and carry cargo. Here's the topper though: I think it's the best Bounty Hunting ship in the game(Bounty quests) You can put a size 2 QD in it which makes you faster from bounty to bounty than small ships while already being naturally faster than medium ships! 2x S3 and 1 S4 means you can kill the target rather quickly.

The QD with S2 doesn't have the best range so you'd be working in a smaller area but it seems reasonable. The Avenger has a QD fuel tank size of 583 and the Odyssey drive uses 23.4 per gigameter giving you a range of about 25 gigameter's. With that range you should be able to do plenty of bounty and also it would be a fast ship between points that can get in and out of atmo's.

Things will change but for now this ship is pure awesome.

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
Yea it was a good upgrade for me too, but for some reason i realized that i prefer the rougher looking ship. Titan so cleanand polished lol. Im going for the freelancer next but for now the avenger titan ticks all the boxes
i'm starting to think the MAX is going to be the best solo ship in the game. huge cargo for its size to profit while an old rumor says it's the biggest ship that can fit through a small jump point. it also has big enough guns to blow stuff up.

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
The titan overheats alot with long quantum jumps i noticed, not the best for long delivery runs. Freelancer just within my price range.....upgrade titan and its £57.....wait till payday lol. Titan doesnt feel like my ship...you know?

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
The titan overheats alot with long quantum jumps i noticed, not the best for long delivery runs. Freelancer just within my price range.....upgrade titan and its £57.....wait till payday lol. Titan doesnt feel like my ship...you know?
like kil said just overclock the coolers and the powerplant. i'm pretty sure it's not working as intended atm.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
It already was a great ship, but since they made it bigger and have bigger guns - it's now an outstanding ship! IF the Freelancer didn't exist, the TItan would be my go to daily ship.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
I like the Titan, but since the MAX and DUR arrived its a toss up between them as to which one is the best day to day mission board ship.

If the MAX is going to scale up range wise along with the increase in solar map size in that it go from one side to the other and back and then some on one tank, its going to be hard to beat. Its durable, holds an obscene aamount of cargo for a small ship, has the same fire power as a medium fighter, living facilities, decent missile load out, theres nothing really can live with it.

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
was playing around with the s2 odyssey qd drive in the titan. to make it from delmar/crusader area you have to jump a couple times.

went PO>hur l3>hur l4 or l5>hurston.

not sure if that is any quicker than just using a s1 qd. but the s2 made the longer jumps without dropping out.

Reactions: Scape and Deroth

Max Caliber

Commander
Nov 2, 2018
RSI Handle
Max Caliber
The Titan has been my main ship since the anniversary sale. It is a great ship. Can take pretty much any mission in the game right now. I do wish it was a different color than white. But I love the versatility and maybe the biggest thing for me is the unobstructed view space in the cockpit. Major plus for me.

WaldoWohin

Admiral
Sep 15, 2015
RSI Handle
WaldoWohin
I see future use of the S2 Quantum drive Avenger in the more expanded universe as a great first line/recon fighter. Have them jump ahead of the fleet, do recon (or start engagements), when the main fleet arrives and the battle is over. Refuel with the fleet and continue on.

This month though with the subscribers getting all the Freelancers.

I enjoy the DUR a lot for delivery missions and trading. 28 SCU on expensive cargo and not having to refuel that often is nice.

The MIS is so much fun as a gunship, the top turret has a weird hump over the bridge area that prevents it from shooting straight out the front with the rest of the ship.

The MAX is cool on the inside how the hull is thinner to allow more cargo.

Reactions: Deroth and glockjs

Nijal_Lun

Vice Admiral
Dec 5, 2018
RSI Handle
Nijal_Lun
I love the Avenger as well 🙂 I have a Mustang Beta, 315P, Avenger Titan Renegade, Arrow, Constellation Taurus, Freelancer Max and a Prospector. I find myself always going back to the Avenger for some bounties and delivery missions. As for me it doesn't make much sense using the larger ships for these small package runs. I may eventually melt them down for something else.

As for QT travel, yes Overclock your coolers and you'll be fine. Once you earn enough UEC, go out and purchase Cooler upgrades and you'll be fine.

Reactions: Deroth and glockjs
Forgot your password?