I'm impressed with the Avenger Titan

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
Had a dream that I upgraded the Titan and for the life of me couldn't figure out why when I just used it last night for some missions.
i mean what if the 300 rework gives it the same scu and it gets the same weapon hardpoints. i think that would be the ship you'd have to give thought to.

Reactions: Scape

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
i mean what if the 300 rework gives it the same scu and it gets the same weapon hardpoints. i think that would be the ship you'd have to give thought to.
I don't like Origin. I only have a 315P because its my game package and tbh I only like the look of the CURRENT 300 series, not the new style for any of the Origin ships.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Given all the love for the Titan, it will be interesting to see what they do with the Reliant on the next patch. No one wants the Kore and IMHO, they really nerfed the ride when they took the bed out. It still has two small tanks and word is it is going to be long range once more. They were saying short range when the took the bed out, and there really isn't a reason to prefer it over the Avenger, so one hopes they'll not only replace the bed but add a couple buffs. It was originally supposed to hold twice the cargo of the Titan and since the rework it holds half, so maybe they'll fix that too?

Really nice would be if they put pipes in so you could custom it past the norm. Guess we'll wait and see, but certainly it needs a bed.

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
Given all the love for the Titan, it will be interesting to see what they do with the Reliant on the next patch. No one wants the Kore and IMHO, they really nerfed the ride when they took the bed out. It still has two small tanks and word is it is going to be long range once more. They were saying short range when the took the bed out, and there really isn't a reason to prefer it over the Avenger, so one hopes they'll not only replace the bed but add a couple buffs. It was originally supposed to hold twice the cargo of the Titan and since the rework it holds half, so maybe they'll fix that too?

Really nice would be if they put pipes in so you could custom it past the norm. Guess we'll wait and see, but certainly it needs a bed.
it's the tiny weapon hardpoints that kill the kore for me. it's pigeonholed into a few roles that it still doesn't do very well. if they put the bed back in and double the quantum tank size i can see how it could be appealing to more people.

Reactions: Deroth and Scape

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
To get by in the multirole the Reliant is slated for, it needs to be able to run, hide or fight. Any one of the three will do, but it can't do any of these. No one wants a ship with no defensive capability, so CIG needs to do something with it. As is, the Avenger outperforms it in every way, so why would anyone want one?

Now if they kept it slow and clumsey, and undergunned, and fragile, but gave it pipes for all sorts of different customization, even making the small cargo area avalable for special scan packages and such, and then gave it really good range and stealth. . .THAT would be cool.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
To get by in the multirole the Reliant is slated for, it needs to be able to run, hide or fight. Any one of the three will do, but it can't do any of these. No one wants a ship with no defensive capability, so CIG needs to do something with it. As is, the Avenger outperforms it in every way, so why would anyone want one?

Now if they kept it slow and clumsey, and undergunned, and fragile, but gave it pipes for all sorts of different customization, even making the small cargo area avalable for special scan packages and such, and then gave it really good range and stealth. . .THAT would be cool.
To me the Reliant is much more useful as a scout because of the co-pilot addition and the cockpit visibility.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
To me the Reliant is much more useful as a scout because of the co-pilot addition and the cockpit visibility.
For visual scanning, yeah, there is just no way to beat that cockpit!, but for normal scouting, if you want to send a 2 man team, I think you'd choose the Space Turtle. The scan radius difference between S and M is going to be significant, methinks.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
For visual scanning, yeah, there is just no way to beat that cockpit!, but for normal scouting, if you want to send a 2 man team, I think you'd choose the Space Turtle. The scan radius difference between S and M is going to be significant, methinks.
Well I'm hoping the Reliant Sen will have a mining scanner which combined with the visibility will make it a very handy prospector of ore, not to be confused with the actual Prospector ship.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Well I'm hoping the Reliant Sen will have a mining scanner which combined with the visibility will make it a very handy prospector of ore, not to be confused with the actual Prospector ship.
Yeah, and you could mount the tractor off the Kore for plucking up stuff. I really like the Reliant design--just needs some sort of teeth to it.

Reactions: Deroth and glockjs

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting

The Reliant was never supposed to be long range, so i dont see it suddenly becoming long range for some reason.

The Kore specifically is a short range local hauler, thats always been the case, it was even said as not having a jump drive as standard.

Reactions: Deroth and glockjs

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The Reliant was never supposed to be long range, so i dont see it suddenly becoming long range for some reason.

The Kore specifically is a short range local hauler, thats always been the case, it was even said as not having a jump drive as standard.
When the Reliant originally went on sale, it had a bed and was called "long range". It still has the twin fuel tanks from this. When they delivered the Kore they nerfed it by taking the bed out. Since that time they reworked the Avengers, and given it is now is faster, more maneuverable, has better guns, armor and shields, and carries more cargo, no one wants the Reliant. Its only benefit over the other birds in its class is the second seat, and that is not enough since no one wants it.

Last edited:
Reactions: glockjs and Deroth
Forgot your password?