IMPORTANT Info about the Free Weapon for Buccaneer owners.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I really don't understand all the hype around this gun. Yes, it shall have a deathly blast - but such we already have with the Tigerstreik. I don't assume that the "Item X"-Gun will be far more deadly than the TS. Furtheron it is written, that this gun is a short ranged gun. AND you can buy it, as all other guns, within Voyager direct. Means everybode can also REC the gun, try her as any other weapon in the verse. So everybody can calm down, there is really, really nothing special or unique!

Make sure to equip the turrets of your capital ships with long range weapons such as Ominskys and send them Bucks to hell (for I think, that they only will be dangerous in a bunch - flown as a single fighter they seem to be cannon fodder).

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I really don't understand all the hype around this gun. Yes, it shall have a deathly blast - but such we already have with the Tigerstreik. I don't assume that the "Item X"-Gun will be far more deadly than the TS. Furtheron it is written, that this gun is a short ranged gun. AND you can buy it, as all other guns, within Voyager direct. Means everybode can also REC the gun, try her as any other weapon in the verse. So everybody can calm down, there is really, really nothing special or unique!

Make sure to equip the turrets of your capital ships with long range weapons such as Ominskys and send them Bucks to hell (for I think, that they only will be dangerous in a bunch - flown as a single fighter they seem to be cannon fodder).
You are correct, the hype is that people are getting their panties in a twist over nothing. People will get their gun, it'll be a good one, but it's not super pricey or impossible to obtain. RSI forums explode at the drop of a hat. It's why I prefer the much more laid back atmosphere here.

I still didn't get the Combine, though. Shouldn't the script have run on Monday?
Check the ship/package that has the Buccaneer, or was the Buccaneer. It should be an extra item in the package, next to the ship and the hangar.

DrunkenTeddy

Order of 10 High Priest
Donor
Apr 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DrunkenTeddy
For CCU'd ships they said they will run a script next Monday. They only added it to the standalone Buccaneer package this last Monday.

The reason for the 1 week delay on CCU is because they wanted to give people time to apply the upgrade.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
For CCU'd ships they said they will run a script next Monday. They only added it to the standalone Buccaneer package this last Monday.

The reason for the 1 week delay on CCU is because they wanted to give people time to apply the upgrade.
Oh! Thank you. That clears it up!
*crawling back to the cave

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I think the hype was that many hoped CIG would introduce an interdiction weapon, which had it been true would have added new elements to the game dynamics. That didn't happen so some small disappointment. Still it's all good.

We didn't NEED another fighter and I would have preferred to see the Redeemer, Carrack or even the Reliant flyable, but CIG wants to carefully brand each shipbuilder in order to create culture and an immersive experience, and I think they've done a nice job with the Bucc. Those exposed engines remind of the Cutlass and the Caterpillar and yet don't look out of place in a small package. All in all a nice piece of artistry, IMHO.

As for hitting highly maneuverable fighters with long range weapons, good luck with that. Maybe if they're computer generated pilots, but not players. If we consider "long range" to be 3K then maybe you will get your Omni VI on target, but if a fighter is attacking a cap ship with 5-7k range weapons, good luck slapping him back. You will need a fighter shield for that.

Forgot your password?