In the market for a bomber.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
All this talk had me take my Retaliator out of the hangar, and you know what, it really flies like crap.

My Connie flies better.

I might have to consider replacing 'ol PT-73. No idea with what yet, but it might just have to go.
Swap the Retaliator for an Eclipse you wont regret it.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
All this talk had me take my Retaliator out of the hangar, and you know what, it really flies like crap.

My Connie flies better.

I might have to consider replacing 'ol PT-73. No idea with what yet, but it might just have to go.
I might have to take my Connie out and see how it flies, it used to fly like crap so if it's better than that...

I'm still owning ships that look good rather than for how they fly or anything else, there are just so many changes that are going to happen between now and the end of Beta I just can't commit to a ships performance until I know it's not going to change. As a long time 350R pilot I've been stung too many times on that.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I might have to take my Connie out and see how it flies, it used to fly like cap so if it's better than that...

I'm still owning ships that look good rather than for how they fly or anything else, there are just so many changes that are going to happen between now and the end of Beta I just can't commit to a ships performance until I know it's not going to change. As a long time 350R pilot I've been stung too many times on that.
I have to say the Constellation is one of the worst ships to fly in the verse, period. Its this reason alone I stay far away from them lol, outside of that they look fantastic, the interiors are still one of the best imo.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Swap the Retaliator for an Eclipse you wont regret it.
I am, intentionally, limiting myself to one Carrier bird. Everything but my Sabre needs range and an interior with amenities. The Eclipse has longer range than the typical Carrier Bird but it still tied to either a carrier or a base for eating, drinking, showering, sleeping, changing armor sets, etc.

Even with all that, I have looked at the Eclipse again, this week, and the view from the cockpit is more restricted than the Starfarer.

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I might have to take my Connie out and see how it flies, it used to fly like crap so if it's better than that...

The Connie flies like crap, but I am getting used to flying it. The Connie checks all the boxes for what I want to do in the verse, but currently serves as a place holder, while I wait for what is still to come and, especially, what the Redeemer turns into.

The Retaliator is the ship that got me to look at this game. Using a retired, modular PT boat as a Bounty Hunter, sounded like the right idea. The view from the Cockpit is good. Thet Captain has his own room. It is well armed and well defended but the flight model sucks.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
The Connie flies like crap, but I am getting used to flying it. The Connie checks all the boxes for what I want to do in the verse, but currently serves as a place holder, while I wait for what is still to come and, especially, what the Redeemer turns into.

The Retaliator is the ship that got me to look at this game. Using a retired, modular PT boat as a Bounty Hunter, sounded like the right idea. The view from the Cockpit is good. Thet Captain has his own room. It is well armed and well defended but the flight model sucks.
I would choose the Corsair over a Connie.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ

My Connie flies better.

Every ship flies like crap mate, because the flight system is absolut garbage. I am not basing ship purchasing decisions on the flight model because it's got 3 years worth of fixing and changing ahead of it.

Reactions: Phil

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Every ship flies like crap mate, because the flight system is absolut garbage. I am not basing ship purchasing decisions on the flight model because it's got 3 years worth of fixing and changing ahead of it.
True, but some are more crap than others. :) I won't decide before the anniversary sale, and maybe not even until the Anniversary Sale in 2021. :) I can be patient

Forgot your password?