Incoming Holiday Sale

Leofev

Commander
Nov 29, 2022
RSI Handle
LemmingOfEvil
Was checking the store a minute ago and saw some limited ships in the ccu store, but no announcement on Comm-link yet with an announcement in the Jumptown article.

Saw Prowler, Steel, C2 and Redeemer. Might be a couple others, not too familiar of what is limited or not in ground vehicles.

It is also showing a Warbond option for the C2.

Edit:
Some thoughts on the ships themselves -
Steel - Vastly overpriced compared to the the other Cutlasses. Some door guns and some more seats, with little to no room for vehicles.
C2 - I love this ship, but its center of gravity seems to be too far forward, too close to the front landing gear giving it a tendency to tip forward onto the nose when landed, even on seemingly flat landing pads.
Redeemer - Also love and would consider it if I didn't have a cheaper version years ago in my buyback page
Prowler - Sexy beast. I hear it is pretty good in VHRTs with its 2x s5 hardpoints for pilot controlled weapons. If I didn't have other priorities I would get it.
Mercury Star Runner - the cockpit might currently eject you into space while trying to stand up, but it is otherwise a very nice ship. Handles closer to a heavy fighter than the other more ponderous ships of its size, can outrun anything that could kill it (including some light fighters), scanning station, decent medium cargo, scan shielded small cargo, data running (whenever that is added)
Nox - snub/speeder bike, taken it out a couple times, and can fit places the Dragonfly doesn't. Handy to own one if you need ground transport on a smaller ship for those bunker missions.
Nova - absolutely no experience with one, but I hear it is quite tanky.

Edit 2:
There is currently a confirmed topic in the issue council regarding the C2's physical balance (or lack thereof) so hopefully it gets adjusted in the future. If you want it fixed, head to the council and upvote/contribute to the issue to get it more attention from the dev team.

Edit 3:
A bit late because I thought it was always in there, but we have the MSR, Nova and Nox as well.

Last edited:

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Edit:

Steel - Vastly overpriced compared to the the other Cutlasses. Some door guns and some more seats, with little to no room for vehicles. Agreed very expensive designed to relieve existing cutless loving weirdos of a few hundred more hard-earned. Mission accomplished CIG!

C2 - I love this ship, but its center of gravity seems to be too far forward, too close to the front landing gear giving it a tendency to tip forward onto the nose when landed, even on seemingly flat landing pads. It's one of the best ships out there to be fair, shame theres a bunch of seemingly wasted space on there, sadly I melted it for fleet reasons - just remember to always nose up 20% on landing or you'll be snuffling the ground like an ardvark

Redeemer - Also love and would consider it if I didn't have a cheaper version years ago in my buyback page - Another good ship that I melted as it was constantly broken and irreparable - has that been fixed now? IM saying not as repair / rearm is just as randomly broken as ever.

Prowler - Sexy beast. I hear it is pretty good in VHRTs with its 2x s5 hardpoints for pilot controlled weapons. If I didn't have other priorities I would get it. - Yes prowler is a hotty and looks so cool but handles like a barge and really I have no need to drop 10 people and have no sleeping quarters or amenities or anything else useful. Another melted for me!

Leofev

Commander
Nov 29, 2022
RSI Handle
LemmingOfEvil
I'm one of those Cutlass loving wierdos. The Steel is the only one I don't have, and it is probably going to remain that way.

The re-arm repair glitch happens to a number of vehicles. I usually circumvent this as it doesn't seem to affect open landing pads, like at mining stations. Many of the space stations have some open pads too. At Port Tressler I normally land at one of them to do maintenance, then radio in for landing at one of the normal bays.

Reactions: BUTUZ

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Thanks I'll try that with the landing pads

Hero9012

Space Marshal
Dec 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Hero9012
Was checking the store a minute ago and saw some limited ships in the ccu store, but no announcement on Comm-link yet.

Saw Prowler, Steel, C2 and Redeemer. Might be a couple others, not too familiar of what is limited or not in ground vehicles.

It is also showing a Warbond option for the C2.

Edit:
Steel - Vastly overpriced compared to the the other Cutlasses. Some door guns and some more seats, with little to no room for vehicles.
C2 - I love this ship, but its center of gravity seems to be too far forward, too close to the front landing gear giving it a tendency to tip forward onto the nose when landed, even on seemingly flat landing pads.
Redeemer - Also love and would consider it if I didn't have a cheaper version years ago in my buyback page
Prowler - Sexy beast. I hear it is pretty good in VHRTs with its 2x s5 hardpoints for pilot controlled weapons. If I didn't have other priorities I would get it.
You are a hero, don't let anyone tell you different! I literally was mad I didn't snag a Steel when I could!

Leofev

Commander
Nov 29, 2022
RSI Handle
LemmingOfEvil
After consideration, I just decided to make some CCU tokens from readily available ships for the Steel, C2, and Prowler so I can melt them and have them in my buyback in case I ever change my mind.

I completely forgot I could do that and regret not doing it for a bunch of other ships during IAE.

Leofev

Commander
Nov 29, 2022
RSI Handle
LemmingOfEvil
So apparently I'm blind and the Mercury Star Runner, Nova and Nox are also time-limited ships available there. And the announcement for everything is in the Jumptown comm-link

Leofev

Commander
Nov 29, 2022
RSI Handle
LemmingOfEvil
Lunar New Year sale is on! I'm guessing most of the military ships are there for Siege of Orison.

Hull C
A2 Hercules
Valkyrie
Sabre
Hammerhead
Freelancer MIS
Hurricane
Terrapin
Ares Inferno
Ares Ion

I'm not sure if the Hawk and Gladiator are regulars or time-limited, but they are there too.

Anyhow, what ships I don't have yet in my buy-back queue, I'm starting to load up on CCUs to the limited ships and melt them for the time being. Could come in handy in the future.

Drowez

Captain
Jan 8, 2023
RSI Handle
Drowez
Lunar New Year sale is on! I'm guessing most of the military ships are there for Siege of Orison.

Hull C
A2 Hercules
Valkyrie
Sabre
Hammerhead
Freelancer MIS
Hurricane
Terrapin
Ares Inferno
Ares Ion

I'm not sure if the Hawk and Gladiator are regulars or time-limited, but they are there too.

Anyhow, what ships I don't have yet in my buy-back queue, I'm starting to load up on CCUs to the limited ships and melt them for the time being. Could come in handy in the future.
Good idea!

Forgot your password?