Infantry-operated fitted/heavy weapons

Buckface

Vice Admiral
Oct 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Buckface
We coul put them in the sliding doors of the new cutlass

HOW BADASS WOULD THAT BE

Doors slides open test marines jump out (kegs of war) and the gunner spitting fire to cover them
Precisely what triggered (pun intended) this discussion. But also, ramp gunner for Hoplite/Carrak/Caterpillar, among other uses. It'd only have to be a Bulldog, for that sort of use, but a Longsword or M3A on tripod would make for a pretty rad team-portable anti-armour gun, along the lines of an old recoilless rifle.

Or something like these dudes:

upload_2016-11-23_23-12-46.gif

Pander

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Pander22
Precisely what triggered (pun intended) this discussion. But also, ramp gunner for Hoplite/Carrak/Caterpillar, among other uses. It'd only have to be a Bulldog, for that sort of use, but a Longsword or M3A on tripod would make for a pretty rad team-portable anti-armour gun, along the lines of an old recoilless rifle.

Or something like these dudes:

View attachment 4961

I have heard talks of an anti vehicle weapon for infantry but i have no idea on how deadley/garbage it will be so we at least have something akin to a missile team

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
So basically some kind of MG that you could carry around as a box, then put down and setup in something like 30 seconds? I think that'd be a nice and balanced addition to ground and interior warfare.

Now, make similar ground-to-air missile launcher, and see people flying Freelancers with backdoor open spewing missiles... Not sure if the latter scenario would be a bad thing or not. But it would be ridiculous in any case.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
A few months ago, I took a Cutlass out to Kareah, lowered the ramp and went prone with a sniper rifle. I took out 2 or 3 guys on the landing pads before they caught on, but that was epic fun. I can see doing something like this with heavy weapons from a lancer or even an Avenger!

Reactions: Pander and Buckface

Buckface

Vice Admiral
Oct 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Buckface
A few months ago, I took a Cutlass out to Kareah, lowered the ramp and went prone with a sniper rifle. I took out 2 or 3 guys on the landing pads before they caught on, but that was epic fun. I can see doing something like this with heavy weapons from a lancer or even an Avenger!
I've always loved the idea of an Avenger as a mini-dropship. Maybe it's the big gatling gun on the front, or the fact it's far more nippy than a Vanguard or Redeemer, or maybe just because you're just not expecting half a dozen dudes to come barrelling out of something so small.
A little crew-operated gun on the ramp would really surprise unsuspecting prey.

Reactions: Carlos Spicyweiner

Pander

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Pander22
With the dragonfly being able to fit size 1 weapons on it I would think infantry operated weapons should maybe pack more of a punch? As why couldn't we just use dragon flies for small sized weapons that can fit in a cutlass? Or maybe small enough to get into morevinto cutty or maybe more AA side of things? We will just have to see what they come up with!

Forgot your password?