Infos to upcoming patch Alpha 2.3

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
[information on...about...my bad, sorry]

I'm just watching a german vid wherein its reported that RSI is currently testing NOT patch release 2.2.3 but 2.3! Rumors say, that RSI is polishing the Starfarer and Reliant (hangar ready) AND that first NPC-experiences eventually could been tested with this release. Furtheron, RSI seems to work hard on the balancing regarding the individual ship speeds including varying QD-speeds.
I think this can be very interesting with an eye to choices like "am I buying a Freelancer MAX or Connie Taurus" or the like.

Generally, not only these two guys of this tube channel are expressing their impression that RSI has piled the pressure on the development teams. It seems to me, that the time of "cozy ship designing" is over - I'd like to say: finally. Time passes on, the technical state of the art two years ago is not state of the art today anymore.o_O

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
My wallet will be crying as I planned on upgrading to the Gemini and SEN. Guess they'll both be ready-ish.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I will never give away my Connie Aquila. Such a cute, tiny princess of a ship - I'm not even sure if I will ever release her to the open space or if I will store her MIB :D

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I will never give away my Connie Aquila. Such a cute, tiny princess of a ship - I'm not even sure if I will ever release her to the open space or if I will store her MIB :D
I'm melting and testing multiple ships. I'll eventually end up with my Carrack, but until then, I'll play with the melt/unmelt functions.

Reactions: Xaing and AstroSam

Unshaven

Commander
May 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Unshaven
Interesting. I think once Squadron 42 comes out perhaps we will see a increase in the PU/Ship development as some of those folks switch over and stop working on SQ42. I imagine there are quite a few ships and other things that have been developed for SQ42 that we haven't seen yet (like a whole bunch of Vanduul ships, the Lightning, etc.) I know they are planning 3 add-ons to SQ42 but who knows if the entire team will be kept just to finish up some add-on missions.

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
Why don't they finish one class first? Like all connies(taurus aquila and so on)

I wanna fly my taurus D:

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I can imagine, from strategic point of view, that they intend to broaden/expand the diversity of the ship classes as fast as possible - together with a most early release of the planned PU, putting together the different parts of the game etc., before they later on are going to finish and release the different type of ships within the classes. But, as I said, thats just a suggestion.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Melting my cutlass to upgrade to a Starfarer. Gotta have that money machine in my fleet! Then i can focus on shifting all my pirate skills/taunts to accomodate my Jolly Connie! "Ahoy land-lubbers! Grab ye ankles and prepare for some missile lovin'!"

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?