Initial plans for PU?

May 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Bertoxolous the Perplexed
Hello my friends!
I don;t know about you guys but I am REALLY looking forward to getting some fleets formed and seeing what we are capable of finding/destroying/capturing and I was just wondering what sort of fleet maneuvers we have planned for release. I have been digging around the lore looking for a good place to start myself and have come across a few areas of interest:

1. Odin, The Belt.
Contains all types of ore and gems in high quantities, lots of pirates to hunt, as well as a hidden pirate base to potentially sniff out and capture. Has some sort of Em environment hazard called arch charges(negated by shields?) Moderately Dangerous

2. Tiber, Everywhere.
Contains a heavy Vanduul presence and any large scale fleet operations here will likely require a beachhead and supply chain. Something we probably don't want to attempt until we've had at least a few weeks of fleet practice. Some of the richest salvaging fields can be found here and the planets host large regiments of Vanduul, potentially providing a source for stealing ships or equipment. Extremely Dangerous!

3. Pyro, Ruin Station.
Abandoned horizon station that is currently a pirate stronghold. This is probably one of the capturable stations that have been talked about but it would require beating some of the strongest pirate clans in the game, outside spider, to do it. A fairly juicy target due to close proximity to trade worlds but no other strategic value likely to be found in this system. Moderately Dangerous

4. Nyx, Asteroid Belts/Nebula
Pirate hunting mostly as well as a pirate station somewhere within to potentially claim. Not extremely interesting imo and plagued by nebula that distort sensors, this would make a good training ground to get our feet wet in fleet operations. Slightly Dangerous

5. Nul, Various Places.
Slavers to hunt and wrecks to salvage. Not too much interesting or unique about this system but another good place to train the fleet.

6. Taranis, Asteroid Belts
Taranis includes the location used in Arena Commanders broken moon map and the asteroid belts are notorious for being tricky to navigate. This would be a good place for our fighter pilots to test there chops as well as likely being a good place to practice sensory maneuvers.

7. Killian, Trade Runs
This system serves as a massive military industrial complex. Security is airtight and trading can be quite lucrative due to the heavy manufacturing and large civilian population. A good place for traders to learn the basics or run practice convoys.

This is what I have so far. I will try and keep this updated as more information is released. Large scale military style excursions will probably have to wait until we have some practice and capital built up but there are plenty of small scale fleet stuff we could likely do from day one as well. At some point we will likely need Freighters, Fighters, Explorers/Scouts, one or more Mining fleets, Convoys, some EWAR people, some Bomber wings, a Salvage team, Fuel production/storage, Repair facilities(whichever form these will take), and Marines.

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
My original plans for when PU launches is to wear my VR helmet (which I will have by then), masturbate while crying from intense emotions and then go and scream "YAAAARRRRRR!!" to every ship I encounter.

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
I plan to do some serious scouting during Beta and see whats out there... All the back story they've given on the systems sounds nice, but it may not be a complete reality... Then once the PU goes live I'll have a much better idea where to go. On the other hand it is going to be a big universe and I'll want to be close to allies, so I'll probably wait and see where the majority of TEST will be starting.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
Once it launches for good i intend to hit the exploring and pvp hard. I will lead fleets if other fleets are not already made and come up with workable doctorin for both fleet types. Goal is to have test find the first jump point and bengal.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Odin. Because lightning pirates. Who doesn't love lightning pirates?

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I'm gonna have to go with Nyx, personally. I like all the asteroid bases, plus the ice giant ensures we'll always have plenty of ice for our drinks.

Voices

Space Marshal
Mar 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Voices058
I want to get into the salvage and repair rather early personally. that and a few deployments for mining operations. naturally all while hammered

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I plan to gather a merry band of people and we will cruise the stars getting money, ships and chicks. Beer is implied to be had in this merry journey.

Ok seriously I'm hoping to lead a large contingent of people of all professions to a site I will determine in the PU Beta so TEST can start making some real cash on day 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: RipVanDan

Fenrig

Rear Admiral
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fenrig
Odin. Once we own that station we divide to take Nyx as well. Hiding in those nebula while some sensor-heavy allies provide direction will scare the verse-loving crap out of unsuspecting traders.

I'm still debating, build myself a projector pod, or VR helmet. I'm leaning towards pod honestly.

Vash

Admiral
Nov 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Vash
1 - Do a Barrel roll.
2 - Do 2 barrel rolls
3 - Moarr barrel rolls
4 - Find an asteroid field when spining like a record
5 - Regret my decision to do Barrel rolls

Derkerter

Space Marshal
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Derkerter
1, 2, 4, 5, 6, out of that list. Fleet support is my plans, but salvage will hopefully be my secondary income (Behind fuel production).

Ok seriously I'm hoping to lead a large contingent of people of all professions to a site I will determine in the PU Beta so TEST can start making some real cash on day 1.
I shall fly beside you if available, all shall fear TEST's Sundering swarm!

shadowvinez

Rear Admiral
May 30, 2015
RSI Handle
vinez
I think I am spending the entirety of day 1 avoiding seung who has sworn to crash into me as his first action in the PU

Forgot your password?