[Insert witty introduction title joke here]

SFF

Lieutenant
Oct 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Sacred_FireFly
My username on most forums and websites is SacredFirefly (SC handle is Sacred_FireFly), but i like to shorten it to SFF for ease of use and reduced amount of embarrassing 'how the fuck did you get THAT username?'
Where you from stranger?
The glorious country of Belgium (where we have beer, Bruges and bad politics)
What drew you to Star Citizen?
I've always been intrigued by the idea of someday flying around in my own ship in space, going from planet to planet, living on my own. As i grew up i've come to realise this will most likely not be possible, and games like this are the next best thing. I've been gaming all my life (way too much to be honest), playing all sorts of games from big AAA's like Call of Duty (yes, i'm sorry, no, i won't buy the next one) and Skyrim, to gems like the Binding of Isaac and FTL. This passion for games combined with the good feeling i get inside when thinking of living in a sort of universe where space travel to distant universes is the way of life is what makes me hope that Star Citisen will be the game i envision (and want) it to be, to the point where i am ready to pay for it in advance.
What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
The long evenings with friends flying a Connie into uncharted space, hoping to find interesting things and possibly riches, only to return home with the craziest stories of alien encounters and nasty situations we got ourselves in.
Exploration will be my main focus, i think, but on the other hand i have a thing for diplomacy and bargaining, and the image of making up with other org's representatives about the 5 auroras that recently crashed into their Idris appeals to me as well.
What was the first game you remember playing?
This depends on your defenition of 'game'. Skipping the 'baby computer' type stuff, the first full-fledged game one could call a game i ever played was KetnetKick, which none of you will know, since it was released by the children's department of the Belgian television company. Compare it to Nickelodeon with actual hosts and 'talk shows' where 6-year-olds come bake cookies in the studio. There's no English wikipedia article, but here's the Dutch one just in case. Now, this was very much a childrens game, but it was the first game i played on my mother's computer. After that came games like Runescape and Dofus, both of which i didn't play for very long. Once i got to the age of about thirteen my parents allowed me to play Call of Duty, which i played absolute loads of with friends, so that would be the first 'grown-up' game.
What other games do you play?
I've mentioned a few above, but generally i have a very broad taste in games. I play a selection of triple A games, since i don't have the disposable income to buy all of them, as well as many indie games that i've heard good reviews about/look good to me. I'm not gonna list examples, but here's my Steam if you wish to take a look.
Then there's the games i keep coming back to, which are Dota and, recently, Hearthstone.
Picard or Kirk?
Picard. I don't like the over-dramatisation of the movies.

Some additional information: I'm 16 years old at the time of writing. I feel like this should be trivial, but i know that to some people it is not, so i might as well mention it. If you wish to treat me differently based on this fact, go ahead, although i hope this will not be the case.
Oh and by the way, drinking age is 16 in Belgium, so it's cool.

Looking forward to crashing into stuff with y'all!

EDIT: I don't currently have a ship, so i can't join the TEST org on the RSI website yet, but i will be buying one soon.

Last edited:

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
Hello southern neighbor, and welcome to TEST!

And age is not a problem for me, it's more about how old you feel on the inside.
I have played with people online that i have seen grown up from knee height preteen, until taller then me in their late teens.
With whole families (mom, dad and children), and with people older then my dad from 60 till 80's plus.

And yes... i have heared of KetnetKick. (i live around 3km from the belgium border)

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Welcome to TEST!

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Sigh...

And here I was thinking I was the youngest at just over 18.

join us on RSI TEST chat some time! We always need more active members. The most helpful thing you can do right now is just to bond with everyone. Try to make some connections before SC is out!

There's a helpful little button right on the top of the TEST website that should get you there.

Forgot your password?