Internal cumbustion builds..Cars/Bikes/Trucks..Show them old build pics etc...

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Cool...Couldn't see pic until I replied. Easier to load some lumber in a fast, Ram Tough Dodge truck than a two door coupe :o7:
It sure as hell is! It's been a long time since I owned a nice truck.

All we have at the moment is my wife's 2012 Texas Edition Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew. I am not a fan, but I have long since given up saying anything about her "baby".
Right now I'm trying to get her to sell it to one of our kids (who's husband just happens to be a mechanic) and get a roller skate or something. All we need now is something big enough to haul groceries. (also some kind of crowbar to pry my wife away from her favorite vehicle)

White Lando

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 25, 2021
RSI Handle
White_Lando
Getting ready for the summer. 02 Firehawk Cammed/Tuned LS1 6 spd. 3.73. Longtubes, Catless 3" to a magnaflow. My neighbors actually like it which is weird but I don't drive like an a-hole.

I picked it up from a guy 2 years ago. He did the trash vinyl which cost him a lot during negotiations. Getting it repainted in black (original color).

IMG_20220326_090550.jpg

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Lifts are the Banu Merchantman of garage equipment. :like:
Aint that the truth:like:
Have to borrow my friends when I don't want to use a crawler. Im getting to old for that crap!....
Last project I did was a little BRZ in 2019 for track days.
Great little boxer but the wife hated it...Fully unrestricted(loud).
Apparently she is a princess so I found a Toyota/BMW hybrid thing to screw around with...LOL.... More computer than car:mad:
Wife approved, at least until I am finished with a few things and then Im sure it will be axed as well...
However with that being said I would be happy to trade you a slightly used wife for that lift Bro:love:
new rims.jpg

White Lando

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 25, 2021
RSI Handle
White_Lando
Have to borrow my friends when I don't want to use a crawler. Im getting to old for that crap!....
Apparently she is a princess so I found a Toyota/BMW hybrid thing to screw around with...LOL.... More computer than car:mad:
Wife approved, at least until I am finished with a few things and then Im sure it will be axed as well...
However with that being said I would be happy to trade you a slightly used wife for that lift Bro:love:
View attachment 22635
I would be in the market if I wasn't already trying to move a slightly used wife myself. Low miles, doesn't burn oil. Clutch is starting to slip, though. Probably just needs adjusting.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
View attachment 22635
That Bimmer looks great in that classic red! Love the wheels, really suits it!
I've aquired some rubber for my 18"s today, will have them fitted tomorrow. They are slightly used dunlops, old (7y) but still better than being on 15" 12yo winters. I'll look for some proper shoes once we get some other basic things sorted like the heater valve, cos idling in a jam with full heat blowing in my face is no fun in this weather.

First I'd need a garage to put the lift in before I could trade the wife for something useful...

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
@White Lando Not gonna lie, I'm jealous of that setup, and I kinda dig that orange+black.

@stockish brah! way cool! Or whatever the kids say, again, jealous!

@Lethal1961 that's a nice lookin truck! We don't really get those here, unless some crazy guy imports one, occasionally I see a few. It wouldn't make the turn in my street as it's the same size as the buses around here, but I'd love to drive one for a day!

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
View attachment 22635

Those A90 Supras are quite the ride, definitely would love one if I already didn't have two track cars.

White Lando

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 25, 2021
RSI Handle
White_Lando
@White Lando Not gonna lie, I'm jealous of that setup, and I kinda dig that orange+black.

@stockish brah! way cool! Or whatever the kids say, again, jealous!

@Lethal1961 that's a nice lookin truck! We don't really get those here, unless some crazy guy imports one, occasionally I see a few. It wouldn't make the turn in my street as it's the same size as the buses around here, but I'd love to drive one for a day!
I like the orange too but if you saw it in person (within 10 ft or so) you'd ralph. The quality of the vinyl job is atrocious. Tons of bubbles/uneven cuts around the edges. It's comical.

Made him knock 3k off of the asking price (which was already reasonable) because it's so bad.

Just going to take it back to black. It's kind of a collector's car with the original options from Pontiac and SLP.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I like the orange too but if you saw it in person (within 10 ft or so) you'd ralph. The quality of the vinyl job is atrocious. Tons of bubbles/uneven cuts around the edges. It's comical.

Made him knock 3k off of the asking price (which was already reasonable) because it's so bad.

Just going to take it back to black. It's kind of a collector's car with the original options from Pontiac and SLP.
Well if it adds to the value as a collectors car then sure it makes sense to bring it back to factory color. You could add some yellow to that black if you change your mind later lol

I've installed my 18" windmills. In a parking lot, alone, took like 20mins. All the tire shops are busy with the seasonal change so I was lucky to even find someone who was willing to install the tires on the rims...
Anyways, I think it looks better and more importantly it drives better with summer tires in this heat.

IMG_20220329_143158.jpg
IMG_20220329_143143.jpg

Edit : I remembered I had brand new centers lying around so added those as well.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Anyways, I think it looks better and more importantly it drives better with summer tires in this heat.
Yes lol, besides winter tires on warm pavement won't last very long, and that can hurt your wallet.

@White Lando ... just do black. It looks way better when nobody can see it except for the silver rims and running lights. I had a jet black 2001 Pontiac Firebird back in the day (kind of the older sister to the Firehawk). One of my kids parked it just before a snow storm, and forgot where. It took a month to see the ass end sticking out of the pile of snow that had fallen off the garage.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Yes lol, besides winter tires on warm pavement won't last very long, and that can hurt your wallet.

@White Lando ... just do black. It looks way better when nobody can see it except for the silver rims and running lights. I had a jet black 2001 Pontiac Firebird back in the day (kind of the older sister to the Firehawk). One of my kids parked it just before a snow storm, and forgot where. It took a month to see the ass end sticking out of the pile of snow that had fallen off the garage.
True, although I drive such small distances usually that the tires grow old before they loose their tread. One time I drove on winters from like november till next year July, I could see a bit of extra wear but they were fine for many more years until I sold em with the car. The ones on this car were from ages ago, still had lots of tread but otherwise were mostly gone, sidewalls were weak and it was starting to come apart like old bread lol

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
I sold my WRX (in the background) so I could keep my brother-in-laws AMG C63 after he passed away. Apart from sentimental value, i'm keeping it as that model is the last fully naturally aspirated V8 Mercedes ever made. It's physically smaller than the WRX, seven years older, but man.....it's a weapon and sounds absolutely sublime.

As for fuel costs, thankfully my wife has a 3cyl VW which is also a ballsy little machine, which does the lion's share of local driving tasks.

For the Merc, the only changes i'd make would be to update the grille to the modern AMG Panamericana GT style and get the silver version of the rims. Third pic is before and after spending four hours with rags and a toothbrush.

20210723_161428.jpg20210723_161445.jpgEngine Clean1.png

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I sold my WRX (in the background) so I could keep my brother-in-laws AMG C63 after he passed away. Apart from sentimental value, i'm keeping it as that model is the last fully naturally aspirated V8 Mercedes ever made. It's physically smaller than the WRX, seven years older, but man.....it's a weapon and sounds absolutely sublime.

As for fuel costs, thankfully my wife has a 3cyl VW which is also a ballsy little machine, which does the lion's share of local driving tasks.

For the Merc, the only changes i'd make would be to update the grille to the modern AMG Panamericana GT style and get the silver version of the rims. Third pic is before and after spending four hours with rags and a toothbrush.

View attachment 22662View attachment 22663View attachment 22664
My condolences.
That's a weapon, really nice one! It's so strange to me that it's smaller than a WRX, cars are getting so fat these days.
+1 for the silver wheels, would make em pop real nice with this body color! Maybe you can find someone who wants to swap for the blacks?

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
My condolences.
That's a weapon, really nice one! It's so strange to me that it's smaller than a WRX, cars are getting so fat these days.
+1 for the silver wheels, would make em pop real nice with this body color! Maybe you can find someone who wants to swap for the blacks?
Thanks man, shit 12 mths.
I'll probably still hang on to the old rims for "just in case". Attached are the stats for both vehicles, the Mercedes has smaller everything except weight..but you expect that due to the cruise missile that powers it haha.

Actually two other things i'd change is to remove the computer factory setting that limited the throttle capacity (67% I think) and add an LSD.

On the sizes, the C63 was always meant to be a sports sedan as the Germans designed it, the lower end of the supercar spectrum (due to the powerplant). The WRX went the opposite and strayed into family car territory and got larger. I had a Premium which only had the 2.0 lt aimed at younger small families, safe for daily use and fun on weekends, where as the Mercedes was...turn off traction control and you will die.

diffs.png

Last edited:
Forgot your password?