Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
So just curious, is the intention to supplement/replace Discord for communication, or are we primarily using this for the calendar stuff?
For what we where speaking with @marcsand2 and @O-Lefty the idea is to test it out and eventually replace (med-long term goal) Disccord since ti has a lot more feature integrated (calendar, event management, nested channel with priority.... etc)
It will be a gradual switch 'tho, since Guilded still has is flaw for example no game overlay for the chat....

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
We have been using the calendar feature on Guilded for a while now, I would like to invite you all to sign up, log in and interact with the many activities and group events we will be coordinating from Guilded:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Kq4yQrZqdE
Just a question about the calendar and time zone, maybe default UTC timezone would be better? Instead of default CEST.
edit : nevermind, seems i can switch with a button on top between timezone.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
My issue with their created tiered voice is voice pollution at the squad level, especially since the way its implemented those in the upper tier are not hearing how busy voice coms are and it doesn't seem to mute the conversations in lower tiers so it just creates this weird garbled com of everyone talking over each other.

For me, a better solution has always been the use of multiple channels. An example you would have the typical squad level and then the squad leader would be in a platoon channel (often ends here because more than 30 players become hard to coordinate) But you could add another layer with a company channel. The whole idea is each channel doesn't typically have more than 10 people in it and allows for information to be shared at the level where it's important. Battlefield 2 did this surprisingly well with the squad leaders and commander in one channel and each of the squad members automatically in their own channel. This allows the commander and squad leaders to communicate tactics and squads to focus on enemy location and engagements within their influence.

It's easy to see in Star Citizen the boarding team doesn't need to know how the interceptor wing is doing protecting Montoyas Bengal nor need their comms interrupted with Montoya instructing the Capital Captains in their target priorities, nor can I imagine the amount of interruption mumbling would cause.

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
My issue with their created tiered voice is voice pollution at the squad level, especially since the way its implemented those in the upper tier are not hearing how busy voice coms are and it doesn't seem to mute the conversations in lower tiers so it just creates this weird garbled com of everyone talking over each other.

For me, a better solution has always been the use of multiple channels. An example you would have the typical squad level and then the squad leader would be in a platoon channel (often ends here because more than 30 players become hard to coordinate) But you could add another layer with a company channel. The whole idea is each channel doesn't typically have more than 10 people in it and allows for information to be shared at the level where it's important. Battlefield 2 did this surprisingly well with the squad leaders and commander in one channel and each of the squad members automatically in their own channel. This allows the commander and squad leaders to communicate tactics and squads to focus on enemy location and engagements within their influence.

It's easy to see in Star Citizen the boarding team doesn't need to know how the interceptor wing is doing protecting Montoyas Bengal nor need their comms interrupted with Montoya instructing the Capital Captains in their target priorities, nor can I imagine the amount of interruption mumbling would cause.
As long as I can obnoxiously chew doritios with my mike on and make bodily noises I'm ok with it

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
As long as I can obnoxiously chew doritios with my mike on and make bodily noises I'm ok with it
Make sure you acknowledge commands with 3 Doritos in your mouth so it sounds more natural.
And you can make bodily noises for sure. Just remember though, you're still responsible for what is expected of you, even if you discover that last fart you let loose included a warm sticky sensation that's now running down your leg.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
There should be some prioritization of the chat for that aspect, at least I remember something like that in TeamSpeak...
Basically you can assign priority to the channel, so that if someone il talking on the "father" channel, or the chat in the lower ones get volume dumped and you can hear clearly the most important chat..

Hmm never played Battlefield but form your description is exacly what we Guilded aimed to archive: nested channel. This way a squad commander can chat with his squad but also chat with the above officer and with the other squad commanders to coordinate all the squad tactics.

Forgot your password?