Invictus CCU chain guide by the Inforunners $525 Polaris

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
If you watch closely, my screens are not warbond CCU, but classic store credit CCU (bought with store credit).

And yes very old CCU have gone up in price, but not all the time (it seems random, some people have the increase, some dont, here it is not my case when i bought them back, none of my CCU has ever gone up in price), and the 0$ CCU were removed from buybacks (for most people, if not all) but not hangar (though i kept zero of those 0$ CCU in hangar, my regret hehe).

I never had the time before to stock up CCU on anniversary sales (never attended any before 2020), or other events, exept here and there over the years. But since last year i'm all in in that CCU thing hehe.
to make price predictions useful it takes years of holding onto CCUs sometimes. I have about 5 pages of 0CCus left i already used my biggest ones such as andromedia to bmm and bmm to carrack etc. when new ships come out i always buy a stable ship base(things that are already released or just increased in price) into the new ship. i aim for about 5-10 usd ccus then at the anniversary sale i'll refresh melt/buy everything i want to predict for the year rinse and repeat. sometimes i get lucky sometimes i dont I'm getting close to the end of my fleet that i'm buying with cash i might make 2 more total ships even though that other exploration pack is calling my name.... btw i think you forgot to attach your photo of your normal CCU.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
to make price predictions useful it takes years of holding onto CCUs sometimes. I have about 5 pages of 0CCus left i already used my biggest ones such as andromedia to bmm and bmm to carrack etc. when new ships come out i always buy a stable ship base(things that are already released or just increased in price) into the new ship. i aim for about 5-10 usd ccus then at the anniversary sale i'll refresh melt/buy everything i want to predict for the year rinse and repeat. sometimes i get lucky sometimes i dont I'm getting close to the end of my fleet that i'm buying with cash i might make 2 more total ships even though that other exploration pack is calling my name.... btw i think you forgot to attach your photo of your normal CCU.
I do exactly the same, well without the 0$ CCU ^^
I buy based on "prediction" of price increase, and looking at roadmap and future events, and always securing the CCU value at the time of purchase (as you describe, and as i explain a few post above). Sometime i also buy, in addition to the cheapest CCU between 2 ships (with from ship already released usually), a not so cheap CCU to secure the price even further, in case the first CCU ends to be a dud and invalid in the end.
This is the way to go to be efficient by stocking CCU without spending "anything". Then you will only spend money (or use left over store credit) on selected CCU to build whatever you want, when you want.

And yes my wording is weird 😆

• Glorious
Reactions: Mich Angel

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
btw i think you forgot to attach your photo of your normal CCU.
Mmm are they not in the spoilers when you click the thumbnails? It works for me.
Those are all normal CCU, not warbond, stored in buybacks. Bought and melted before release of each ships, and you see current price after release of each ships if i want to buy them back.

Last edited:

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Mmm are they not in the spoilers when you click the thumbnails? It works for me.
Those are all normal CCU, not warbond, stored in buybacks. Bought and melted before release of each ships, and you see current price after release of each ships if i want to buy them back.
got ya i see them now. that is really weird and isnt supposed to work like that maybe a glitch in the system this happens from time to time.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
got ya i see them now. that is really weird and isnt supposed to work like that maybe a glitch in the system this happens from time to time.
I don't know if it is a glitch in the system, but it is the case for all my CCU in buybacks for which the TO ship has been released the last years.
I recall @Doyzer said somewhere it was the same for him, but it was not consistent. Many others said the same also on Reddit and elsewhere. So I assumed over the years that it was normal behaviour despite CIG FAQ stating differently. Seems I was wrong.

• o7

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
I don't know if it is a glitch in the system, but it is the case for all my CCU in buybacks for which the TO ship has been released the last years.
I recall @Doyzer said somewhere it was the same for him, but it was not consistent. Many others said the same also on Reddit and elsewhere. So I assumed over the years that it was normal behaviour despite CIG FAQ stating differently. Seems I was wrong.
All buyback ccus are not created the same. New and old buybacks don't seem to change price anymore. Newer buybacks don't work for me if the "from" ship becomes more expensive than the "to" ship.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Thank you @Doyzer.
So to conclude, that confirms what i noticed, it is now very interesting to store CCU of not released ship in your buybacks (and not only in hangar) so you can use just a few store credit to purchase them, and melt them over and over to continue purchasing more CCU 🙃

The "TO" ship will never increase in price when bought back after a price change or release.

But the "FROM" ship will always increase in price after a price jump or when released (leading to invalid CCU in buyback sometime).

(see examples in my previous posts).

Forgot your password?