It about time I did this!

Euthanize91

Lieutenant
May 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Euthanize
*Disclaimer- I am quite intoxicated after my stream tonight*

Hey everyone,

My name is Garret and I have actually been a member of Test for some time. Wow time really does fly. Many of you might see me in the Mumble once in a while under the name of Euthanize91. I live in Michigan but hope to move after I get accepted and finish my masters degree in Occupational Therapy. The sole reason I backed SC is due to Modeeper. We have been playing games together for around 5 years, maybe more. If Modeeper thinks a game is worth putting money into, so do I!

Currently, I am playing counter-strike global offense and utilizing twitch services to share my experience with my viewers, and hopefully some of you all! With that being said, I am most interested in playing the SC first person shooter once it (hopefully soon) is released. I have always been a big fan of shooter-type games since I began playing Socom on PlayStation.

I should probably add more, but.. eh. here is a list of my favorite alcoholic beverages,
-Anything

With that being said, feel free to jump into my stream @ www.twitch.tv/euthanize91 or follow on twitter @Euthanize91
I stream every bit of gameplay, semi sober or not sober. oh and stop in to say hi when you see my in mumble!

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
You will have a piss poor experience in SC FPS as it will not behave like anything you are used so far (CSGO, CoD, BF, ARMA...).
Those are all twich (and I do not mean the streaming service) games.

Characters move as you would move a camera (instantly), the bullets shoot out of their heads or center of the screen and guns are only animated, not simulated.

It will be a wholly different experience, which will piss you off.
BUT it will be close to realism.

You will have hard time adapting to it, as will we all I am afraid.

Last edited:

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
I should probably add more, but.. eh. here is a list of my favorite alcoholic beverages,
-Anything
Hhmmmm... That list is pretty exclusive. You should know that we here at TEST have the utmost standards for who is allowed to join, but we'll let you in anyway.

Welcome to TEST!

Euthanize91

Lieutenant
May 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Euthanize
You will have a piss poor experience in SC FPS as it will not behave like anything you are used so far (CSGO, CoD, BF, ARMA...).

Characters move as you would move a camera (instantly), the bullets shoot out of their heads or center of the screen and guns are only animated, not simulated.

I am actually very excited totry it. I have found that I am a very adaptable player in many different games and game styles! Looking forward to playing it with many of you all aswell!

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP
@Pilgrim Given that even flying a spaceship is designed as a twitch shooter...

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice

ArmA a twitch game? Didn't think I'd ever see it put in the same category as any of those other three. Can't help but ask, have you ever played? If anything, this will be ArmA lite with some arcady elements taken from battlefield. ArmA is easily one of the slowest paced, most thoughtful shooters around when played well and with team coordination.

Also, you're completely wrong. ArmA simulates the bullets from the chamber, let alone the tip of the barrels like some sim-lite games. It has incredibly complex terminal ballistics, you tend to die in a single shot to anywhere remotely important, and it has some of the most complex mods in existence. We're talking shrapnel from a concrete wall hitting you after an explosion, mags that are persistant and retain their remaining bullet count after being switched out with another magazine , and inventory system based on pockets, molle attachment points, and backpacks based on total volume rather than a fixed weight. In ArmA 3, there is something like 12 different shooting positions, and 3 different movement speeds. Leaning, rolling, tactical crouch it's all there. ArmA 3 is the most realistic shooter on the market, and ArmA 2 is used by the marine corps in a modified form called VBS2 for training.

Last edited:

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Welcome, finally, to TEST!

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
ArmA a twitch game? Didn't think I'd ever see it put in the same category as any of those other three. Can't help but ask, have you ever played? If anything, this will be ArmA lite with some arcady elements taken from battlefield. ArmA is easily one of the slowest paced, most thoughtful shooters around when played well and with team coordination.

Also, you're completely wrong. ArmA simulates the bullets from the chamber, let alone the tip of the barrels like some sim-lite games. It has incredibly complex terminal ballistics, you tend to die in a single shot to anywhere remotely important, and it has some of the most complex mods in existence. We're talking shrapnel from a concrete wall hitting you after an explosion, mags that are persistant and retain their remaining bullet count after being switched out with another magazine , and inventory system based on pockets, molle attachment points, and backpacks based on total volume rather than a fixed weight. In ArmA 3, there is something like 12 different shooting positions, and 3 different movement speeds. Leaning, rolling, tactical crouch it's all there. ArmA 3 is the most realistic shooter on the market, and ArmA 2 is used by the marine corps in a modified form called VBS2 for training.
Yea was thinking about removing ARMA from that list, but changed my mind after their last fuckip patch that makes your gun go all over unrealistically, totally defeating their "simulation" up to that point.

Please, please, no more about ARMA.

You treat it like it is a king of all games.
And yes I played it. When I did (like a year ago I think) it was ok, but it is NOT what SC will be.
So do not fool yourself.

Arma is arma, sc will be SC.
Let's leave it at that.

BUT I agree that I should not put it on the same list as those abomination of FPS shooters, but no more FPS shooters came up my mind at the time.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Yea was thinking about removing ARMA from that list, but changed my mind after their last fuckip patch that makes your gun go all over unrealistically, totally defeating their "simulation" up to that point.

Please, please, no more about ARMA.

You treat it like it is a king of all games.
And yes I played it. When I did (like a year ago I think) it was ok, but it is NOT what SC will be.
So do not fool yourself.

Arma is arma, sc will be SC.
Let's leave it at that.

BUT I agree that I should not put it on the same list as those abomination of FPS shooters, but no more FPS shooters came up my mind at the time.
It's far more than what SC will be, at least in terms of pure realism. SC is not going to remotely the same lengths, because that does take away from the pick up and play fun. ArmA is a very niche product, fact is, you NEED a dedicated group to play it and get everything out of it. I was really more insulted by the fact that you put it in the same category as call of duty than anything else, no harm no foul.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Let's just say that ARMA fans will continue to play ARMA for what it is and SC fans will stick with SC FPS.

To each his own.
Live and let live.

Fenrig

Rear Admiral
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fenrig
I have so many hours into the Arma series it isn't even funny. I plan on playing the shit out of Star Marine.

Forgot your password?