Item 2.0 Systems and Power Allocation

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Pick it up at time index 13:00:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R7UkKWo0XQ

So just reminding, the common strategy of choosing energy weapons because they can't run out of ammo is going to be tested, and I think will fail the general test for best use, becasue you will no loonger be able to easily fly with your finger down on the laser trigger all the time. Both CR's statements years ago, and my experience in games like MechWarrior indicate this is a failed strategy, that will deplete your power resources and cause you to form bad habits.

Every time you shoot you use energy, and that energy needs to be generated in situ by your reactor unless it is provided by the chemical energy in ballistic weapons. Ballistics should require vastly less energy to fire, but require more room to store. So if you develop a careful trigger discipline where you do not shoot when you do not expect to hit, you can maximize your combat utility. Just saying, it is coming. Looks like with 3.2 in late June.

The less reactor power you run, the harder you are to find on someone else's scan. Unless you're comfortable with being seen by those you can't see, try to fly a smallish reactor and use ballistics, is my bet for the winning conflict strategy--but it should cost more to fly and shoot ballistics, just like it will cost more to launch your missiles than not.

He is not overstating here. 3.2 is going to change everything about how dog-fighting works.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
It's going to be fun. I really miss being able to move power around the shields/system/weapons and move shields around the ship whilst reacting to combat situations. I hope they put all this back in the game and more of above.

Forgot your password?