DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
So much content.

Warframe continues to impress me with their development.

Whats your main these days?
Warframe_Frames.png

I use Volt and Wukong the most.

BTW, that Dojo we're using is DEAD... has been for a very long time now. I need to find another one that is active to have a dry dock.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Oh yes, with catchmoon he's a god on Index HR with Celestial Twin in use.
Not useful for AOE or CC but for holding his own.. he's awesome.
He's not end game friendly as say Chroma Prime for Profit taker farming... but otherwise, very good all around frame to use if you don't need a lot of CC/AOE like say from Saryn or Volt.
Catchmoon.png

WukongPrime.png

There's something I want to test with Wukong prime but I don't have the weapon yet to do it. It's a login random reward at every 100 days or so. It has infinite punch through. Wukong's celestial twin will shoot at any enemy within range even if the enemy is behind walls... so with that infinite punch through rifle... he'd be able to kill everything around me while I deal with stronger mobs via my catchmoon. Means not being able to equip a melee weapon, but if melee is needed he has that vaulted staff so no biggie.

edit:
oh and there's a new BDO level of grinding thing now with Parazon Kuva mods... in order to convert or kill Kuva Liches... which you need to do in order to get Kuva weapons. Luckily Glockjs hooked me up with a set of the kuva mods so I don't get old grinding for them. Still a grind though to capture or kill a Lich.

edit2:
And now farming 400 Cubic Diodes for making the new ship

Last edited:

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
How hard is Warframe to get into? Is it super grindy?
Really easy to get into.
Super Grindy.
Pay to speed up, but limited because of master rank grinding.
Master Rank is a mastery of weapons, pets, and frames.
The more weapons you max, frames and pets your max, you get mastery points and then every so many points you need to pass a test to get to the next mastery "rank".
And you can't spam ranking same items, once you max a specific item type, that is it. If you acquire a duplicate item and rank it, you won't acquire mastery from it again.
Mastery rank is important up to about er... rank 18 so you can use and craft all weapons.

It's pay to speed up limited to mastery rank and mission-related things because you can purchase most frames and weapons with cash from the official store or a market place using an in-game currency called platinum. Even legendary cores from the marketplace which allows you to max mods which can get very expensive/time consuming to do manually with endo and credits (two additional in-game things).
Mods are placed on everything, weapons, pets, frames.

You can take a crappy base weapon, apply forma's to it (rank it to the max, apply forma, resets rank but adds a mod polarity, rinse and repeat) and make it fairly awesome.
Same with frames and pets and pet weapons (when applicable, Dogs and Cats don't have weapons).

They keep adding shit, so unless you're playing all the time, it's super easy to fall behind. I am not happy about grinding for ship parts/upgrades nor the new Kuva Lich's and Kuva weapons.... the meta is so fing grinding in this game it pisses me off. I just want to grind a little, and enjoy my time after that.. not grind non stop.
It's really fing annoying. I'm taking a break from Warframe, I log in to do the easy stuff and keep my login bonus thingy counting.
Every 100-150 days of logging in you get cool stuff which can't be gotten any other way, and once in a while, you'll get a 50% off or more coupon for platinum.

Hpnotiq

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2014
RSI Handle
Hpnotiq
Awesome, thanks for the quick synopsis. I watched a few videos and downloaded the game. I think tomorrow after work I'll give it a shot. Are there many TESTies who play? I've heard it mentioned a few times in videos that playing with other players rather than solo really helps make the game.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
We had a clan we joined but it was completely dead, I found another with more research done (for MR fodder) but it's not super active. There's nothing official though, not enough TESTies here play it regularly for that. AFAIK. If you want help with Index HR runs let me know, easy peasy credits if you have the credits bonus active. @glockjs Plays a lot and has helped me out quite a bit in-game.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
How hard is Warframe to get into? Is it super grindy?
I have been playing since launch, I have everything, every frame, every weapon, every mod.

Clearing the star map is a piece of piss, Excalibur with a Mk1 braton and a handful of mods can clear all the nodes. But the point of the game is collecting the frames and the loot, and with that you have potentially 1000 hr+ of grinding.

If you are not bothered about collecting everything, you start an account, buy the latest prime pack ($60 i think it is in funny money) get a frame, two decent guns and 2750 platinum.

With that amount of platinum you can simply buy all the required mods (Serration, Split chamber, Hornet Strike, lethal torrent, Point Strike, Vital sense, Barrel diffusion, pressure point et ) PLUS some of the harder to get frames and weapons from the trade channel and have a really good couple of hundred hours at least shooting shit in the face and levelling up gear.

Hpnotiq

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2014
RSI Handle
Hpnotiq
Awesome. I started with Excalibur but I picked the Bow. I'm starting to think I should have gone with the rifle but mostly I just hit things with my sword. I've just finished the tutorial and have started doing the other missions on Earth.

Reactions: Mushin

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
Awesome. I started with Excalibur but I picked the Bow. I'm starting to think I should have gone with the rifle but mostly I just hit things with my sword. I've just finished the tutorial and have started doing the other missions on Earth.
Thats no problem, the MK-1 is only 50k credits from the store (fully built IRC)

Mushin

Space Marshal
Aug 31, 2015
RSI Handle
Naelobo
As long as you can continue to give Warframe all of your time. :)

Its really not that bad. You can be MR 5 within a few hours and just play casually for years. Really one of the most casual games on the market unless you have specific ambitions :)

Reactions: Bambooza

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Its really not that bad. You can be MR 5 within a few hours and just play casually for years. Really one of the most casual games on the market unless you have specific ambitions :)
That has always been my issue with Warframe its so much fun that I get very ambitious and find myself worse off than a crack junkie.

Forgot your password?