I've come up with an idea for Sun Blotting.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well I'm happy with Daymar, but I have a question. Did Mrs. BobFace know what you were doing?
I'm just concerned for your member no that's not it safety hmm, Oh I have it: ability to respawn.
There is a legitimate Test for this:

Whenever one fails at something (which being male we are genetically predisposed to do), simply invite the good lady to deliver a swift kick to the gonads, the reasoning that it would be a form of Pain Aversion therapy to ensure you don't fail like that again. If you receive the reply: "No, I need those." it indicates blunt rusty secateurs will not be near you any time soon.

However, the day she does actually kick you in the junk is the clear early warning that any other more drastic and permanent shenanigans may be on the horizon.

But to answer your question, I dove into the 'Verse in the 15 minutes between me getting home from work and her getting home from work, and she was good enough to allow me to finish grabbing my screenshots and uploading them to TEST. 🙂

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
However, the day she does actually kick you in the junk is the clear early warning that any other more drastic and permanent shenanigans may be on the horizon.
This is what we expect. Let me tell you that such linear thinking, cause and effect does not really apply in this situation. Your wife is pregnant, and everything on the planet is about to become your fault. I chose that word "fault" carefully.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Righto,

Ideally we'd run it wherever most people are, so if it turns out 2 people are at Hurston, 3 at ArcCorp and 7 at Olisar, there is a bit of travel for those planet-bound peeps, and vice versa.

If it ends up being a draw with equal amount of people between places, then the quality of the sun to block takes precedence based on our screenshots.

Of the following areas, Crusader, Hurston, ArcCorp - Daymar would be the best place to do it local to Olisar at Crusader, with Ita being best if it turns out most people spawn over at Hurston, and ArcCorp itself would be difficult but again the best choice if it turns out most of the group are spawning there.

So, we just have to work out some time-zones and when it best to give it a go... Any ideas when would be a good time for all timezones? For a single session we may be presented with problems of it being stupid o'clock at night in certain places...?

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
I'm on Mountain Time, with respect to week-nights, I can be on around 7 my time, maybe a little earlier. As for weekends, Saturdays are pretty open as with Sundays, Sunday mostly depends on how late I'm up playing Star Citizen with Testies the night before.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I'm on Mountain Time, with respect to week-nights, I can be on around 7 my time, maybe a little earlier. As for weekends, Saturdays are pretty open as with Sundays, Sunday mostly depends on how late I'm up playing Star Citizen with Testies the night before.
They can be up pretty late too, but it's good to look them up... because they're often the last 5 or 7 players on an instance. Check in Discord so your appearance won't startle Loic into the sun while he's flying a hammerhead or something. Just things I noticed.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hmmmm, 7pm Mountain is 2am BST (UK) which is 11am AEST (Sydney Australia) so we could get a session for about that time for PM US and AM AUS...

So... if we have 2 sessions, one for AM and one for PM hopefully all TESTies should be able to attend...?

So, for instance this one clearly isn't practical for UK but Mountian and Australia get a clear shot at it, so if then we have 7pm AEST thats 10am BST with Mountain being 3am....

Aha, perhaps a third slot as well to finish off the tri-force: 7pm BST which would be 12noon Mountain and 4am AEST.

With the three timezones being looked at, the only time all three have awake Citizens would be 10pm BST, giving 3pm Mountain and 7am AEST...

Or, y' know, we just have to do some regional thing haha 🙂

All times found using the following:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Hmmmm, 7pm Mountain is 2am BST (UK) which is 11am AEST (Sydney Australia) so we could get a session for about that time for PM US and AM AUS...

So... if we have 2 sessions, one for AM and one for PM hopefully all TESTies should be able to attend...?

So, for instance this one clearly isn't practical for UK but Mountian and Australia get a clear shot at it, so if then we have 7pm AEST thats 10am BST with Mountain being 3am....

Aha, perhaps a third slot as well to finish off the tri-force: 7pm BST which would be 12noon Mountain and 4am AEST.

With the three timezones being looked at, the only time all three have awake Citizens would be 10pm BST, giving 3pm Mountain and 7am AEST...

Or, y' know, we just have to do some regional thing haha 🙂

All times found using the following:

My brain hurts.

I work for a global company. I got a phone call at 2AM a few years ago, for a meeting. They just wanted my opinion of an approach to a customer's problem. The guy who called, introduced me, and finished with "from Dubai"... Dubai! WTF.

I see a problem with the plan. First, most North Americans live in the Eastern time zone, but there are 1 and a half timezones east, and 3 more to the west. Mountain time (2 time zones west) is in comparison to every other time zone on the continent, sparsely populated (except a few fantastic gem's). Point is, nobody uses Mountain Time as a reference for North America. Use Eastern. 7 o-clock is 9 o-clock. Sometimes. Because not all Mountain time regions use daylight savings time... just to confuse the matter. Or explode your brain.
Going the other way, we need to go as far as Japan. Then right smack in the middle of the Pacific, AUS has 4 time zones itself. When it's 1 AM in one, the far side is only 9 PM the day before. And for people in North America, the time in AUS is almost always tomorrow.

There used to be a running joke between Canada and Australia, since they were so far ahead of us, they might know the winning lottery numbers for tomorrow's draw. Nobody ever won that way, so we figured the lottery was rigged.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Well one other thing, if we're talking the weekend, I could be up at 3 am to do a blot then. I will by that time have more than the necessary amount of alcohol to pilot a Hammerhead into the sun and make a most entertaining video about it.

On the topic of videos, is there anybody interested in capturing the event from a different perspective? I can sync multiple clips and have some different angles for a cool video. Basically you just need to download OBS, it's free, make sure you set capture to 1080p at 60fps. I recommend setting the location for the saved clip to a separate HDD / SSD from your game installation. As long as it's capturing game-sounds and Discord I can use that to sync the clips together.

Forgot your password?