Jacket Idea

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark
So we have shirts, right? I was just thinking and letting my mind wander and then it hit me. A jacket style, er, jacket for TEST!

So the idea is a long sleeved (or short, depending on your style) jacket. In the center of the upper back or just center of the back, is the TEST logo. The wings are stylized and come up and across the shoulders. The jacket would be black with the wings being yellow and the standard logo colors. Maybe add in a name tag and other patches, not sure yet. I'm going to look into mocking up a rough idea by hand for the logo style, anybody else who wants to do so is welcome. I'll post here when I get that done, maybe I'll put this as a project and build said jacket.

Reactions: mromutt

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark
So the wings would be visible from the front? That's pretty cool.
I was thinking on the back but that brought up an interesting visual. I'll do a couple different drawings I guess.

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
I keep saying that I'm going to make a bomber jacket. But I'm thinking more one of the classic stylized painted propaganda on the back, with patches on the sleeves and front and an embroidered name left chest. I've got my TEST patches, I'm thinking I also need a UEE patch, maybe a navy one? And probably the Star Citizen logo patch somewhere, breaks immersion a little, but I want something to show people who don't "get" it.

Oberstleutnant

coolest dude
May 23, 2014
RSI Handle
OberstLeutnant

Now this isn't the best drawing, but, it's basically what I was thinking about.
I also may have stolen a stock image.

Reactions: SeungRyul

Derkerter

Space Marshal
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Derkerter
Now this isn't the best drawing, but, it's basically what I was thinking about.
I also may have stolen a stock image.
You just gave me an idea but I'm awful at arting. Why not sit the logo a little lower and make the wings larger, running them under the arm all the way to the zipper where they meet? will attempt shoddy arting after I get home

Oberstleutnant

coolest dude
May 23, 2014
RSI Handle
OberstLeutnant
You just gave me an idea but I'm awful at arting. Why not sit the logo a little lower and make the wings larger, running them under the arm all the way to the zipper where they meet? will attempt shoddy arting after I get home
this is a pretty funky idea. also implying i can art.

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark
Leather bomber jacket. :p
Leather is actually very hard to work with unless you're doing it right from the start, ie base hard leather, wet it, dye it/treat it, work it, etc. Which is why I usually don't like working with actual leather shells.

Also in response to the wings thing: I was thinking big wings, kind of like Daryl Dixon vest or any other generic biker jacket wings, but in a different style. It's hard to explain, I'll see if I can't get the drawing done tomorrow.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Too much of an Adidas Tracksuit feel there. Do Not Want.

We're not a bunch of slavs. Except Lex. He'd be the only guy with the right to wear that shit.

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin

I ordered the Star Citizen track jacket. Once it comes in, I am going to sew a TEST patch onto it. :)
Are there Test patches to buy somewhere? I've just ordered an operation pitchfork patch and wanted to do an army style unit/combat patch configuration, but can't find patches for test squadron anywhere. I've looked into ordering custom patches, but have to be done in bulk. Also interested in jacket/flight suit ideas and I'm anxiously awaiting everyone else's creative suggestions and eventual decision.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
I keep saying that I'm going to make a bomber jacket. But I'm thinking more one of the classic stylized painted propaganda on the back, with patches on the sleeves and front and an embroidered name left chest. I've got my TEST patches, I'm thinking I also need a UEE patch, maybe a navy one? And probably the Star Citizen logo patch somewhere, breaks immersion a little, but I want something to show people who don't "get" it.
Leather fighter or bomber jackets screw modern jacket. As for the painting, I always found that a tattoo was better and styed longer but its more expensive

Either way stay with a classic design.

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark
Leather bomber jackets, and leather in general, is hard to work with if it's pre-stained and worn. It just is, which is why I usually don't like working with leather for jackets. Also, 200+ on a jacket isn't hard if you're actually working, though I would question why you're buying a jacket for 200+ when you can go to a thrift store and find a good one for 15.

Forgot your password?