Jacket Idea

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark
That's kind of an asinine and myopic comment.
Thanks for quoting the entire sentence mate. Kind of asinine to selectively quote. BUT HEY that's ok :D

Reactions: honcho12

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Leather fighter or bomber jackets screw modern jacket. As for the painting, I always found that a tattoo was better and styed longer but its more expensive

Either way stay with a classic design.
I kind of like the idea of a classic clean cut, like we all picture when we think leather jacket

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I know that they're not "leather bomber jackets"; however, they are significantly less expensive and still high quality flight jackets: http://www.rothco.com/search/keyword/Flight jacket

You know, for those of us that- say- work for the government and can't afford $200+ on a jacket.
Oh nice find man, I can actually buy these XD thanks for the link. We could sew patches on these pretty easy I bet.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
I kind of like the idea of a classic clean cut, like we all picture when we think leather jacket
Normally fighter jackets were clean except the back that unit symbol imprinted in it. Or a sqaudron patch somewhere on front.

Reactions: mromutt

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin
Normally fighter jackets were clean except the back that unit symbol imprinted in it. Or a sqaudron patch somewhere on front.
I ended up getting an OPPF patch and ordered 2 Test patches to put on a jacket. Im toying with the idea of making a blood chit to see on the inside of the jacket, as well.

Reactions: D3Mark
Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
I ended up getting an OPPF patch and ordered 2 Test patches to put on a jacket. Im toying with the idea of making a blood chit to see on the inside of the jacket, as well.
So a jockey jacket with a blood chit? Also we dont offer trades/reimbursementz for helping our pilots.

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin
So a jockey jacket with a blood chit? Also we dont offer trades/reimbursementz for helping our pilots.
...right, but given the demeanor of our pilots; maybe they'll offer compensation to* us in order to take said pilots back- in which case we'll need to list acceptable forms of payment to the orginization, such as booze, sexual favors, or certain breeds of goat.

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin
I got my OPPF campaign patch, fighter pilot patch, challenge coin and campaign ribbon today, which made me revisit the jacket idea, which lead me to here https://www.nametags4u.com/flightsuit-nametags/

Which led me to this:

There are a plethora of different wings to choose from. Those are in military>senior space something-or-other, but there was *all sorts of* crap like "mile high novelty wings". Anyway, just an idea.

*Edit my stupid auto correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: D3Mark
Forgot your password?