Java Minecraft Server (this time with poll).

Which modpack to play? Multiple answers possible

• MC Eternal - survival, exploration, quests and lots of mods

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Project Ozone 3 - Expert pack with quests and survival

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Some kind of Skyblock (Enigmatica 2, Sky Factory 3, Modern Skyblock: Departed)

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • RL Craft - extremly hard survival pack

• EU Server? Corona forbids me to fly over there

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Something completely different.

• Total voters

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
EDIT: Test Server is up, details here.

There was a bit of confusion in the last MC thread, as Test does have a MInecraft Server, but for the WIndows 10 Bedrock edition (if you are interested in that check in on to the Discord ).

This thread is for the modded Java edition. I could open up a 6 slot server for based in Europe if there is enough interest. Question is what (possibly extendible) modpack. So here is a poll:

Last edited:

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
i'd prefer something in the most up to date version, and i know most modpacks are several versions behind that
other than that, im up for whatever :)
Problem with 1.15 modpacks is that there are not a lot of mods for 1.15. for tech and magic mods it's basically just Botania and Mekanism

Reactions: Sraika

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
Problem with 1.15 modpacks is that there are not a lot of mods for 1.15. for tech and magic mods it's basically just Botania and Mekanism
but the problem with 1.12 is there's a bunch of stuff missing that they've since added - and a lot of that stuff is stuff i really like.
stonecutters, cartography tables, swimming, the whole villager rework thing, scaffolding, cats, shipwrecks, etc. etc.
heck, i even like bees

i dont know much about mods, but mekanism looks neat
...im not sure i understand the concept of botania tho lol, it seems to be something about magic flowers?

Reactions: TypeO

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
I set up a quick and dirty MC Eternal server. If you wanna check it out you have to

• Get MC Eternal Version 1.3.51 (best via Twitch Launcher, it is not the latest version, so you need to search for it and under versions pick the correct one)
  • Send me a PM with your Minecraft username (the server has a whitelist. I will then send you the IP).
  • Again, the server is based in Europe, so US West is pretty much unplayable, US East will have lags.

It is more or less for testing and it could be switched to another modpack.

but the problem with 1.12 is there's a bunch of stuff missing that they've since added - and a lot of that stuff is stuff i really like.
stonecutters, cartography tables, swimming, the whole villager rework thing, scaffolding, cats, shipwrecks, etc. etc.
heck, i even like bees

i dont know much about mods, but mekanism looks neat
...im not sure i understand the concept of botania tho lol, it seems to be something about magic flowers?
Apart from swimming/underwater upgrades the included mods do a good job of adding the stuff you mentioned. Especially for exploration you will find that this modpack offers a lot more than just shipwrecks and standard biomes. Give it a try. I heard there will be dragons... :)

Reactions: Sraika

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
I set up a quick and dirty MC Eternal server. If you wanna check it out you have to

• Get MC Eternal Version 1.3.51 (best via Twitch Launcher, it is not the latest version, so you need to search for it and under versions pick the correct one)
  • Send me a PM with your Minecraft username (the server has a whitelist. I will then send you the IP).
  • Again, the server is based in Europe, so US West is pretty much unplayable, US East will have lags.

It is more or less for testing and it could be switched to another modpack.

Apart from swimming/underwater upgrades the included mods do a good job of adding the stuff you mentioned. Especially for exploration you will find that this modpack offers a lot more than just shipwrecks and standard biomes. Give it a try. I heard there will be dragons... :)
oh fine, ill give it a shot :P
ill poke you on discord for the whitelist thingy

Forgot your password?