Javelin - Does it Stay in Cart Through Next Sale?

TexasSkulls

Identifies as an Aurora Missile
Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
So, I managed to get a Javelin into my cart, and even was able to click 'Checkout', confirm my billing info, check the agreement boxes and click 'Pay Now with Stripe' before it failed on me...

First, is that a bug that it allowed me to go through the entire checkout process, all the way through clicking 'Pay Now with Stripe', before it failed? I thought it was supposed to fail on clicking 'Checkout' from your cart, and if you got past that point, it was yours so long as you successfully pay for it... Now, because it's still in my cart, it properly fails on clicking 'Checkout', whereas initially I literally went through the whole process all the up until the point the Stripe credit card stuff would appear.

Second, will the Javelin stay in my cart as is through the next sale in 5 and a half hours or so? In other words, can I just simply refresh my cart and click 'Checkout' when they add the next 50, or will I need to re-add it to my cart again?

Thanks guys!

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
With any luck smarter testies will answer

If CIG does not change the SKU... in theory you should be able to hammer check out and go

Edit... I notice on the stand alone page that the Javelin page leads to a 404... so they might be changing the SKU around to prevent checkout spam :o

Last edited:
Reactions: TexasSkulls

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
With any luck smarter testies will answer

If CIG does not change the SKU... in theory you should be able to hammer check out and go

Edit... I notice on the stand alone page that the Javelin page leads to a 404... so they might be changing the SKU around to prevent checkout spam :eek:
I would suspect this is the case. So many of the limited sale ships have been picked up by scripted bots in the past that CIG tries their best to limit that behavior so people can have a fair shot at one.

TexasSkulls

Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
... so people can have a fair shot at one.
Think they missed the boat with that one by not doing a time-limited sale or a quantity-limited lottery lol. But yes, I suspect you both are correct. But... While they have changed the URL to the Javling page from https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Standalone-Ships/Aegis-Javelin-LTI to https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/aegis-javelin/Javelin-Class-Destroyer the actual ship item is still in my cart. So they'd have to either empty my cart or change the SKU for what I was suggesting to not work.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
I wonder if the item that is in your cart is only there because of a client side cookie. I don't know much about online shopping carts so I don't want to try and speculate further, but I would recommend that you try at least have the store window up in another browser when the race to get one starts.

TexasSkulls

Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
I have enough spent on the game to just get a Javelin token at this point anyways, but I'd prefer to keep my Wing Commander package and $5,000 in stand-alone ships over melting all the stand-alone ships just to upgrade to the Completionist package, for which I do not care for any of the ships it has. I wonder if a really nicely worded Concierge ticket could score me a Javelin token, considering I'm beyond the $15,000 anyways...

TexasSkulls

Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
I wonder if the item that is in your cart is only there because of a client side cookie. I don't know much about online shopping carts so I don't want to try and speculate further, but I would recommend that you try at least have the store window up in another browser when the race to get one starts.
To the best of my knowledge, it's either a client-side cookie or they maintain your cart through a session variable or database. I could be dead wrong, though, because I'm still pretty new to web development. But even if it was a client-side cookie, so long as they don't change the SKU I can't see how it wouldn't still be valid unless there's also some sort of expiration deal. Ahh hell, who knows at the end of the day. I'll just keep multiple windows open and refresh like a madman!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Go to "My Account/billing and subscriptions". What does it say for that sale? I had a sale fail on me, even though payment was processed. I submitted a ticket, and received 13 confirmation emails saying payment had been received. After two days my account updated, and the ship was added.

Dunno if this helps.

Tilorop

Space Marshal
Jul 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Tilorop
Actually, it may stay in your chart.

It did for me the last sale through, so don't close that browser, and hit checkout (or whatever stage you are in) now and then.

When it's close to next batch, just prepare to spam/move to next page.

But even at checkoutpage, the chances are slim.

TexasSkulls

Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
Go to "My Account/billing and subscriptions". What does it say for that sale? I had a sale fail on me, even though payment was processed. I submitted a ticket, and received 13 confirmation emails saying payment had been received. After two days my account updated, and the ship was added.

Dunno if this helps.
There is no evidence of an order under My Account -> Billing & Subscription. Remember though, the Stripe window never opened. I only got to the point where it was supposed to open.

Last edited:

TexasSkulls

Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
Lol, sorry about my sorry. I AM Canadian. It's an automatic response in our over polite culture. Haha. Lemme get on the beers, I'll drown that cultural habit in a barrel of booze.
Bottoms up lads and ladies.
I can sense the Canadian with this one! Ehh, I'm from Texas. The Fort Worth part, not the smug Dallas part... We like to consider ourselves polite!

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Owl

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
I am going for the Idris P on the 3rd run, the Armada package was nice but I would rather have the Idris standalone then I can get my other hand picked ships back onces the unmelt system is done.

Love the idea of having a Destroyer to bump Black Sundar Orion around with, but my hanger will look silly with a $30 starter package and a Javelin

TexasSkulls

Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
What really strikes me as odd, and what I hinted at in my earlier reply, is that the Javelin token (ignore this current sale) is available to all of those that buy the Completionist package, without question. The Completionist package costs $15,000, but it also only has 4 NEW ships over and above the Wing Commander package: the Orion, Vanguard Warden, Hull C, and Scythe. Yes, yes, the Scythe is super rare and all, but f*** that. Now, you can obtain the Completionist title, however, by just spending $15,000 or more, regardless of what you spend it on. Why can't they just award the Javlin token to those that have the title, and not necessarily the package. I bet there's "relatively" many like me that have the title, but don't give two shits about the actual Completionist package.

Just give me my damn token, let's fire up the engines on that bad boy, load the torpedo tubes with kegs of shitty beer to shoot at our enemies, and "X" up here if you wan't to serve on my Javelin crew. Open positions include:

Bartenders/Waitstaff - 15
Drunken Patrons - 45
Operational Staff - 0
Pilot - Whoever is the drunkest...

EDIT 1: Grammar!!!!!!

EDIT 2: I freely welcome any and all shaming replies about my Star Citizen pledge amounts. I have an addiction, ok? I hope they offer in-game support channels for those inflicted with this great addiction I have!

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
What really strikes me as odd, and what I hinted at in my earlier reply, is that the Javelin token (ignore this current sale) is available to all of those that buy the Completionist package, without question. The Completionist package costs $15,000, but it also only has 4 NEW ships over and above the Wing Commander package: the Orion, Vanguard Warden, Hull C, and Scythe. Yes, yes, the Scythe is super rare and all, but f*** that. Now, you can obtain the Completionist title, however, by just spending $15,000 or more, regardless of what you spend it on. Why can't they just award the Javlin token to those that have the title, and not necessarily the package. I bet there's "relatively" many like me that have the title, but don't give two shits about the actual Completionist package.

Just give me my damn token, let's fire up the engines on that bad boy, load the torpedo tubes with kegs of shitty beer to shoot at our enemies, and "X" up here if you wan't to serve on my Javelin crew. Open positions include:

Bartenders/Waitstaff - 15
Drunken Patrons - 45
Operational Staff - 0
Pilot - Whoever is the drunkest...

EDIT 1: Grammar!!!!!!

EDIT 2: I freely welcome any and all shaming replies about my Star Citizen pledge amounts. I have an addiction, ok? I hope they offer in-game support channels for those inflicted with this great addiction I have!
when I first started my SC addiction, a conni was crazy high ( compared to games like world of tanks premiums)... Idris for 1k pfff thats crazy !

now my poor account is like 2700 ( 2500 armada + Subs/desk mouse mat)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Shaming? Nope. Just extreme jealousy. ;) Good for you fellow TESTie. If I could afford this addiction, I'd be on board. Instead I'll have to stick to beer.

Forgot your password?