Jonesing for 2.2

Xian-Luc Picard

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Xian-Luc_Picard
So I, like a lot of people, I have been jonesing for 2.2 to be released. While I was watching content on YouTube that the super lucky PTU people have been posting, I came across this. Your character actually carries the weapons it picks up... it isn't a GTA style inventory, it is actual items that you have to carry. What this potentially means is that you will have to decide which weapons are important for you to carry... it might even mean you walk slower if you are carrying more stuff. What does everyone think about this? Good or bad?

Accented

Vice Admiral
Jan 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Accented
CIG has already talked quite a bit about this. You won't be able to pilot certain vehicles while holding certain weapons.

I think that this will be good for balancing as this means there is no way a fighter pilot could be armed with an assault rifle or bigger. Which is good for balancing because there is no way a fighter pilot could be armed with an assault rifle or bigger. Which means there is no way a fighter pilot could be armed with an assault rifle or bigger. Which means...

Damn, I need a loop counter.

Unshaven

Commander
May 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Unshaven
So I, like a lot of people, I have been jonesing for 2.2 to be released. While I was watching content on YouTube that the super lucky PTU people have been posting, I came across this. Your character actually carries the weapons it picks up... it isn't a GTA style inventory, it is actual items that you have to carry. What this potentially means is that you will have to decide which weapons are important for you to carry... it might even mean you walk slower if you are carrying more stuff. What does everyone think about this? Good or bad?

Yeah man I'm right there with you on rolling out 2.2. I haven't been playing much till now but this 2.1 has got me off the bench. I've been playing 2.1.2 for a little bit each day for the last week or so and at least for me, its pretty buggy. Lots of crashes. I reinstalled the whole thing last night, still buggy. It will be nice to get 2.2 and try out that ATT4. Bummer when I saw there was no ATT4 in there waiting in the locked room in Kovalex (2.1).

Eh. Carrying stuff slung like that works for me, even if there is a mobility hit. For dangerous missions, a rifle and a pistol should work, leaving space for another if you find one you want to keep. I'm not thinking I'll be needing to carry 3 or 4 weapons normally. A pistol will probably be enough for most of the time and they are sure to come out with some monster pistol/hand cannons I would think.

How often are you going to get into a firefight in the verse anyway? Especially once permanent player damage and death become the norm?

A lot of the ships have weapons racks too (nice touch) so on board you won't have to look like Rambo. I imagine they will have a backpack or something you can store stuff in that you pick up in your travels.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I have been jonesing for 2.2 to be released.
I'm thinking it'll be out either this weekend or early next week.

And that's pretty awesome you can only carry so much. Makes a good need for those weapons lockers onboard.

I'd love a scenario where your ship is under attack and going to get boarded, everyone leaves their station and picks up heavy assault rifles from the lockers.

Getting ready for intruders would be amazing to see, especially on larger ships like the Idris where you still have to pilot and man turrets, but the extra soldiers scramble for action and rush to the breach.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
I hope they have some really cool, mega-explosion fireball effects to go with blowing up a "Starflamer".

The Flying Zippo
I like that....THE FLYING ZIPPO! The ideal craft for a Testie to pilot if you ask me....

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
The Canadian army? That would be the most polite war ever fought. Canada would apologize before any actual fighting happened.
"OK, so we gotta bomb you, and shoot you. Sorry. Ouch, that looks like it hurts. Sorry 'bout that. Let us patch you up. OK then, off you go. Have a nice day."
Our bullets and bombs cost more because they all have "sorry", "thank you", and "have a nice day" stamped on them.

Forgot your password?