JSON

NomadicHavoc

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
Hey,

I'm not super tech savvy. I created a JSON file using Starjump Fleetviewer and was wanting to share that image on this site. I clicked on the "insert" dropdown menu, then "code", then selected the language of the code as "JSON". I copied and pasted the code from the created JSON file on my computer and pasted it in the available field. Then clicked on "post".

But the created forum post just showed the code and not the Fleetviewer image. So, I deleted the post. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any support for this technically gifted SC.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
I just checked it myselve.
In Fleet Viewer if you choose "safe file", the .json file you get is basically the saved layout of what you just created. So it is a configuration file, not an image.
Use the "generate image" button instead.
That one makes the pictures you can share on the forum.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I posted my fleet at:

Hey lets have a fleet post eh?

Mine probably isn't terribly impressive compared to others but I'm excited about it. I didn't see yours Talonsbane. You should add it there too!
Nice fleet you have there @NomadicHavoc . I posted a pic of my fleet there now, only missing the addition of the Storm AA & Syulen. Here's the pic to have as here as well. I have a few vehicles.

SC - 11-20-2023 Talonsbane Fleet.PNG

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I.... do start to feel... inadequate... :thump:
No reason to feel inadequate. Remember, a player can only operate 1 character at a time per account. Given the nature of Star Citizen to effectively be a unique experience for each player, there is no definitive way to win the game that applies to everybody. As long as you figure out what you want to do & then do your best to achieve that, you win SC your own way from your perspective. Remember, having a larger fleet will have drawbacks as well.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Remember, having a larger fleet will have drawbacks as well.
Funny, that's what the guy at debt conselling said too.
Oh well, guess I have to live with the fact that my name will never roll with the end credits of Sqadron 42 as one of the top 100 backers.
Good thing I stopped before selling the other kidney... ;-P

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Funny, that's what the guy at debt conselling said too.
Oh well, guess I have to live with the fact that my name will never roll with the end credits of Sqadron 42 as one of the top 100 backers.
Good thing I stopped before selling the other kidney... ;-P
Yes, losing both kidneys seems like is something that would be rather irritating & would tend to piss people off in 1 manner or another & might have a negative effect on the consumption of beer & other beverages.

CIG is planning on adding certain backers to the end credits of SQ42? I seem to have missed that. Though I know that I'm nowhere near the top 100 by any means. I have however thrown out the playful idea of CIG giving names to all of the NPC space whales, using their sizes to help decide which whale gets what unique name based on their funding once the player has reached Concierge backing level & above. I further suggested that it could be a sort of hidden secret exploration mystery game for players to explore the Verse searching for their space whale counterpart. They thought that was a rather interesting idea, but didn't say anything further. So ... maybe?

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
I have however thrown out the playful idea of CIG giving names to all of the NPC space whales, using their sizes to help decide which whale gets what unique name based on their funding once the player has reached Concierge backing level & above.
Nice idea!
Though they might just slap the names on future regions, towns , suburbs and settlements.
So maybe my digital gravestone will sit in a tiny hamlet called "Mudhawks Folly" in "Talonsbane country" on the continent "Montoya".
Or something like that.
The place only got 12 inhabitants but the annual BeerTestival (TM) is famous in the whole system!

• Glorious
Reactions: Talonsbane

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Absolutely - what's the point in some of us owning lots of ships, or really big/expensive ships, if we never let anyone else use them?

What's the current mechanic/system for how/when ships de-spawn after the owner disconnects/logs out of the game?

Some of the essential gameplay around having multi-crew ships requires them to remain in-game fully functional when the owner goes away. That should work for lending out ships too, though it ought to be possible for the owner to get their own ship back if another player has taken it - with or without permission - and doesn't return it. In fact, I would assume it would be very unusual to return a ship in-game to a player you borrow it from, and I think you shouldn't have to fly back to them and meet in person to return it, you should just be able to store it, or even log out, and have it return to the owner automagically (maybe with a claim timer). How does that work right now?

Forgot your password?