JULY UPDATE: Things getting a little quiet here? Not !

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Hi guys!

The summer doldrums are upon us, the FPS module is delayed and the natives are getting wrestles.

But not here at TEST.

We have plenty of things happening that keep us busy!

Games

ARK has taken over on Mumble, there are up to three different channels running with ARK activity during the day. If you are playing ARK or are interested, swing by mumble and hop in!

Elite Dangerous is still popular and has its regulars, if you need a space sim to tie you over until SC comes out, Elite does a great job!

(Its on sale right now on Steam for $40!)

Donations

Besides hookers and blow, what does Montoya do with the money?

A big thank you to everybody that donated in July and the new https://www.patreon.com/TestSquadron backers, you guys are making a big difference by allowing us to do some amazing stuff!

Last month we picked up two of the Reliant ships during the concept sale for use in future giveaways. We spent another $150 on some awesome TEST branded propaganda that we will use at the next Citizencon... when you see it... you will know.

Another fat stack went towards new servers and the front end of a new website being developed at the moment that will help up display news and events happening within TEST. We had to get a separate server to run that as to future proof ourselves and we also got an extremely cool looking design going for it, all thanks to you guys!

New members

Hundreds of new members are joining every month, many of them are lurking here right now!

Come on guys! Log in and say hello, or do not even say hello and just join in a conversation! We are an open and very welcoming community, except for that one guy, everybody hates that one guy. We won't say who, it is up to you to find out.

TEST Squadron is now the 3rd largest org by main member count

We hit a little milestone last week that I am very proud of.

We are the second largest org by total size, but by main members only, we were fourth for the longest time. LTT Conglomerate, which is the Linus Tech Tips org, was sitting in our chair.

I am pleased to say that last week we pushed LTT of the chair, took their beer and made ourselves comfortable.

We are number 3! We are number 3!

Get involved!

If you have any skills or talents that can benefit the org, or if you just have some ideas that can help us build this amazing community and make it better, feel free to share!

We love criticism, especially the negative kind!

Thanks for reading this far!

See you on mumble!

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
For the helping out part of getting involved, what type of skills are we looking for? I would like to get even more involved with whatever I can but I do not know what exactly there is that could use a hand.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
For the helping out part of getting involved, what type of skills are we looking for? I would like to get even more involved with whatever I can but I do not know what exactly there is that could use a hand.
Can you hang out on these forums and chat with other members?

You are helping!

Reactions: mromutt

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Number three: because excellence cuts into happy hour. In all seriousness, this is pretty cool news. Viva TEST!

J.B

Lieutenant
Jul 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Eternal-Guardian
3rd... Great News Good Work!
Im Enjoying getting into community here its great to be in an active Org.

"We love criticism, especially the negative kind!"
Im a pretty positive kind-a-guy but ill give it a go... Ummmmm...
3rd is the 2nd looser PUSH PUSH PUSH!....

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Another fat stack went towards new servers and the front end of a new website being developed at the moment that will help up display news and events happening within TEST. We had to get a separate server to run that as to future proof ourselves and we also got an extremely cool looking design going for it, all thanks to you guys!
As someone who has seen this and will be working on it some this weekend to fill in come content, you guys are in for a treat. It looks good, works good, and is TEST good.

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
I like this update thing. It makes me feel all fuzzy inside when I read more propaganda.

Also @Montoya typo in we are now the 3rd largest OR. No G?

UbEcLoWn

Space Marshal
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
UbEcLoWn
I'm willing to bet this has something to do with me being in the Mumble server for 2 days in a row. I hang around Mumble and membership goes up? Coincidence? I think not.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Holy crap.
It's quiet? :o

Summer!
Lovely weather = less time for computer.

Forgot your password?