just got my T.16000M FCS

exiun

Commander
Jul 3, 2020
RSI Handle
exiun
just got my single t16000 but i'm kind of lost as to how i should set it up in star citizen any pointers or any help would be greatly appreciated
i know some one may have asked this already so i apologize

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
There are profiles out there, but I didn't like any of them.
I'm with the previous comments, play with it to see what makes sense to you.

Reactions: vahadar and exiun

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
just got my single t16000 but i'm kind of lost as to how i should set it up in star citizen any pointers or any help would be greatly appreciated
i know some one may have asked this already so i apologize
Single stick will be hard to bin everything so reduce it a lot.

You probably might want to use joy2key or the Thrustmaster T.A.R.G.E.T Software and set a button as a modifier to increase the amount of available buttons.

Else the above stated opinion is right start flying and find out what you like and what is important to you.

My suggestion is maybe:
YAW/Pitch = X/Y Axis
Roll = Twist
Fire button = Fire WG1
Hat = targeting
Top 3 buttons AFB, Brake, Decouple

Second layer (modifier) whatever floats your boat

I never used the buttons on the base. Never worked for me. (also i'm using dual sticks, so might be different for you as you already have one hand from the stick)

exiun

Commander
Jul 3, 2020
RSI Handle
exiun
thank you all this was great help i have downloaded joytokey and set up keybinding for all my needs

i will be getting a 2nd tick next Friday tho so now i know hoe to set it up

Reactions: vahadar and Deroth

c0sign

Commander
Donor
May 1, 2020
RSI Handle
c0sign
I'm not currently in country, but i have upgraded my entire set up to Virpil...If any one in interested in the Dual t16000M's just let me know, I can have my wife ship them...

Reactions: vahadar

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Great stick !

I'll just quote Pewbaca for hints when you get a second stick. Then you can do some experiment yourself when you are familiar with the game and adjust the keybindings to your likes.

Well thats exactly what i would recommend. Gameglass (GG) + Buzzkiller.

BUUUUUT once you understand what buzzkiller (or others) did with their setup, try to make your own setup.

1. reduce it to what you really need, especiall GG helps a lot getting rid of certain stuff you don't need on your stick (Another tool would be the elgato stream deck)

Look at that:

imho its too much if you just start learning using dual sticks
I really like the T16000 but never really used the green and blue buttons (might be different for you)
if you don't do regularly mining, fuck mining keybinds etc.
(another example: i don't like throttle fwd/back on the Y Axis of the left stick i prefer strafe up and down, and put it on twist [but that might just work for me] )

2. By creating your own version it helps you to learn the setup
I evaluate my setup with every patch and adjust it to my own needs.
3. Again KISS Keep It Simple Stupid :)
4. Start saving on virpil / vkb sticks. Sooner or later you will want one :)

Reactions: Deroth and Michael

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Plug it in play with it - if you think to your self oh damn I'd like to have all guns on button 1 then set it, if you think that hmm the way I fly i think i need emergency space brake on button 2 then bind it.

Dont copy others, everyone's different, find your own stick magic one control rebind at a time.

Reactions: Deroth and Michael

BuzZz_Killer

Captain
Jun 9, 2020
RSI Handle
BuzZz_Killer
but he has only one stick
True, but its a BIG stick.

Seriously though, yeah my bindings probably won't work well for a single stick. Just try to prioritize what you want on the stick.
Pitch, Roll, and Yaw should be on the main axes. Either Throttle or Speed limiter on the Slider. Targeting & Weapons should be on the thumb and trigger buttons. And a few basic flight controls on the base should be good to start with.

One way to play would be to have one hand on the Keyboard while flying. This gives you plenty of buttons you can access.
Alternatively you can put your strafe/throttle controls on the base if you want to fly with both hands on the stick.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?