Just upgraded to the battle pack $1100

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
So... I melted my Battle pack to prepare for the upcoming sale.. if there's any more small dragonfly type LTI's I'll buy as many as I can, melt 24 hours later, buy them back over the course of a couple months, and keep a few to CCU for the sales. Was thinking of using the credit to buy a polaris (or maybe javelin? if store credit+cash allowed) and melt then buy it back with cash later. The whole buyback with credit token thing I have no plans of ever using. I hate that I can't just buy things when I have the cash on hand... hence the buyback system is the best thing ever. #TakemymoneyCIG

Reactions: AstroSam

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
So... I melted my Battle pack to prepare for the upcoming sale.. if there's any more small dragonfly type LTI's I'll buy as many as I can, melt 24 hours later, buy them back over the course of a couple months, and keep a few to CCU for the sales. Was thinking of using the credit to buy a polaris (or maybe javelin? if store credit+cash allowed) and melt then buy it back with cash later. The whole buyback with credit token thing I have no plans of ever using. I hate that I can't just buy things when I have the cash on hand... hence the buyback system is the best thing ever. #TakemymoneyCIG
I melted and rebought tons of lti ships, but should've done it to the Mega Explorers pack, that's a good deal I could've sold to Testies that missed it. I do have extra Cat+Dragonfly packages though. It doesn't have a game package, which is weird cause it doesn't even come with SC as far as I can tell.

Zull Reicher

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Tiltz
I think that you can only buy back one ship/package per quarter That is what the buyback token is for, if I recall correctly. CS will not unmelt ships upon request anymore. Not sure if concierge will or will not. Also, I've read that limited quantity ships cannot be bought back. That being said, I have ticket in with concierge to determine whether or not a quantity limited ship like the phoenix can be unmelted.

Rolo

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
RoloKipp
You're good :-)

Been waiting for the Cruci to come up for that final CCU... last ship on my list.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I think that you can only buy back one ship/package per quarter That is what the buyback token is for, if I recall correctly. CS will not unmelt ships upon request anymore. Not sure if concierge will or will not. Also, I've read that limited quantity ships cannot be bought back. That being said, I have ticket in with concierge to determine whether or not a quantity limited ship like the phoenix can be unmelted.
You can always buyback with cash, the token is only for buying back with store credit. I've not been talking about token buybacks. I've been talking about cash buybacks.

I melted and rebought tons of lti ships, but should've done it to the Mega Explorers pack, that's a good deal I could've sold to Testies that missed it. I do have extra Cat+Dragonfly packages though. It doesn't have a game package, which is weird cause it doesn't even come with SC as far as I can tell.
Do you think small LTI stand-alones will be available for the citcon sale or anniversary sale?
Were rovers btw ever LTI standalone?
I only got two of the argo packs LTI, had I understood then how the system works I would have bought like 10 or more.

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
The Rovers weren't LTI standalone (for whatever reason), but they have LTI if bought with a LTI Ship.

I doubt they'll be generous enough to give us LTI-Tokens at the time we need them, but you can still buy CCUs and use them later on.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
You can always buyback with cash, the token is only for buying back with store credit. I've not been talking about token buybacks. I've been talking about cash buybacks.

Do you think small LTI stand-alones will be available for the citcon sale or anniversary sale?
Were rovers btw ever LTI standalone?
I only got two of the argo packs LTI, had I understood then how the system works I would have bought like 10 or more.
I'm not sure, but I have tons of Dragonfly and other LTI buybacks. More then I'll ever use.

Zull Reicher

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Tiltz
Thanks @DirectorGunner for clearing that up about the tokens and store credit.
Anyone know if a Phoenix or quantity limited ship can be un-melted? Thinking about melting my phoenix and applying towards the Polaris...

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I'm not sure, but I have tons of Dragonfly and other LTI buybacks. More then I'll ever use.
Are you selling any to test members? Because, if that's the case, after I get my next check, I'd like to very much buy some :) please :)))

Anyone know if a Phoenix or quantity limited ship can be un-melted? Thinking about melting my phoenix and applying towards the Polaris...
Yea it's all very confusing, it took me a while to wrap my head around it... even crazier how people can leverage currency to get better deals. Like CA players. I'm sorry that I don't know, but if you bought a standalone phoenix, I'm a bit jelly :p Yea I'll be using store cred to secure a Polaris buy back, though I hope I don't have to make a concierge ticket to melt it right after purchase! the support tickets take a few days.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Polaris can't be bought with store credit. At least not when I added the physical brochure.

Are you selling any to test members? Because, if that's the case, after I get my next check, I'd like to very much buy some :) please :)))
Sure. Send me a message and we can work it out whenever you're interested.

Reactions: AstroSam and Rolo

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I was able to secure one Polaris with store credit (Albeit it's more expensive than the warbond one), waiting 22 more hours to melt it :)
Got others to secure soon with my credit. Then can buyback at my leisure. Gosh I love that system, I really hope they don't do away with it.

Forgot your password?