Just watched Firefly "AGAIN " and now I want a Freelancer!!!!

Sol Invictus

Commander
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Sol Invictus
^^^^^^^^^So this happened ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Already have a constellation but now I want a freelancer because Firefly

Simples

Just saying.

Disclaimer: Any statements made under the affects of home brewed wine should be discarded or ridiculed

Reactions: SPRNinja

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
That's really the main reason I bought a Freelancer to start with. My second ship, behind my Aurora->Constellation->Phoenix intial package.

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
Watched the first two episodes last weekend. I bought the Freelancer model and poster in the last 7 days. I have a bad feeling another ship is in my near future.

Derkerter

Space Marshal
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Derkerter
I got a lancer as my first ship. I like the concept of being a hauler/support vessel. Had a connie, but she got melted.

JBWill

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 11, 2014
RSI Handle
JBWill
I'm definitely planning on grabbing a Freelancer as soon as it becomes available to CCU to. Got a Delta that I upgraded to from a Mustang Omega that I got for $25 sitting around waiting for it (dem savings).

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
Yeah been trying to get an Omega to upgrade to a Gamma or stay as Omega a but since I got my R9 270 a couple months before the promo and my contacts at ATi aren't as good as they used to be... Found a guy on Reddit but he hasn't responded.

RomulusMinimus

Captain
Jan 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Romulus-Minimus
Good show? I've heard good things but have never gotten around to watching.

OuTLaW66613

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2015
RSI Handle
OuTLaW66613
@RomulusMinimus Yes definitely a must watch, it's got a nice wild west in space feel. I think what most of us are hoping for on the farther parts of the system in PU.

My whole thing is I want and actual ship based on the rough specs of the Serenity: At least 4 actual barracks/bedrooms, a small infirmary, Lounge/eating area, and a decent size cargo bay
This is one of the best blueprint type pics I could find

This ship is a lot bigger than we think.

RomulusMinimus

Captain
Jan 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Romulus-Minimus
@RomulusMinimus Yes definitely a must watch, it's got a nice wild west in space feel. I think what most of us are hoping for on the farther parts of the system in PU.

My whole thing is I want and actual ship based on the rough specs of the Serenity: At least 4 actual barracks/bedrooms, a small infirmary, Lounge/eating area, and a decent size cargo bay

Thats a pretty damn sweet looking ship.

I've never really given thought to the actual 'Feel' of the outer areas. It would be awesome to have a wild west feel, technology getting more dodgy and civilization becoming more sparse the further you go.

Farasalt

Vice Admiral
Mar 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Farasalt
While we're all thinking about Serenity/Firefly, remember to consider backing the new crowdfunded mini series by Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion (Wash and Mal) called Con Man.

Lots more info is at https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/con-man

Here's the Blurb:

Wray Nerely (Alan Tudyk-Me!) was a co-star on Spectrum, a sci-fi series which was canceled -Too Soon- yet became a cult classic. Wray’s good friend, Jack Moore (Nathan Fillion) starred in the series and has gone on to become a major movie star. While Jack enjoys the life of an A-lister, Wray tours the sci-fi circuit as a guest of conventions, comic book stores, and lots of pop culture events. The show will feature all the weird and crazy things that happen to Wray along the way to these events.

Reactions: Feral Oxide

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores

I find my self comparing the Firefly ship with the Constellation Taurus more than the freelancer based off this picture.

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane
Good show? I've heard good things but have never gotten around to watching.
Whatever you normally watch, put it on the back burner and give firefly a go. The pilot is a little rough (needed to establish characters), but train job and the episodes after really start to shine. You will love it. If you don't then we can't be friends and you are probably a corporation spia and therefore should be tared, feathered, and banned.

Last edited:

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane
^ Wow, I think you are onto something. I have never noticed in as many time as I've watched that show.

Forgot your password?