Keybinding issue

elSpartano

Admiral
Donor
Dec 13, 2019
RSI Handle
Ferdicus
I'm loading the custom keybinding file (.xml) that I've been using since 3.7.X to 3.8.1 but is not working. It is under StarCiticen>LIVE>USER>Controls>Mapping, and it shows the custom keybindings when I look at the options screen, but nothing is responding. I tried logging off and back on with no luck. Any help?

Reactions: marcsand2

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Hmm neverr happen to me, the import always work fine...
Just try to reset all the command to default and re-import them.
Have you try to clear a command, save and then re-map it by hand? does that command work if mapped that way?

elSpartano

Admiral
Donor
Dec 13, 2019
RSI Handle
Ferdicus
I did remapped some of them by hand and they worked. I was trying not to have to do them all because it took me sooooo long to do it the first time

Reactions: marcsand2

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I used to have an issue when the keybindings changed between the old patch and new patch. I think it was the new throttle system. some imported keybindings didn't work, while other worked good. What happens, button x is stock on binding a, button x gets bound to binding b. You get 2 modifications in your keybinding xml. The first where button x gets bound to binding b. the second where binding a gets cleared.
If saved bindings are different from new bindings, this can lead to problems. Cuginos solution works the bets then. First, reset all bindings to default, then start removing all bindings and bind them new.

I was trying not to have to do them all because it took me sooooo long to do it the first time
I can feel your pain, but it works the best. At least you know which button has to be which binding. If you don't know it, then probably you didn't use that binding regular, maybe a button that is free for a more important binding.

Forgot your password?