Kraken And Capital Ship Upkeep Costs

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
To call out that Orion in the first month may require a few kindly investors backing your first venture for a percentage of the returns.
Since I plan to use salvage in a Vulture to fund my first trade ventures in a BMM I might be positioned to be a potential investor after one to three weeks.
I know @Black Sunder has put a lot of thought into it as well. I know that if we can get the Orions and Hulls working after the soft launch it would be a source of great constant revenue. Even if the Hull captains are just utilized ferrying ore from the Orions to market. It still has a nice knock-on effect in that they will require protection and scouts as well as offloading some of the raw ore for base building. As an org I do believe we will be well situated to be rolling in the UEC like Donald Duck especially if we follow the plans and work together. But as for capital ships, anyone who doesn't expect them to have a high upkeep cost is going to be harvested for their delicious tears.

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
At this stage of development I think worrying about the upkeep of the Kraken is so far in the realm of “problems for future me to worry about” it’s not something I feel it’s worth paying attention to at this stage.

Stability and the lack of core systems are much higher up my list of Star Citizen problems I think about.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
...The Kracken marketplace version should be able to support itself - it's not just a carrier it's a commerce center....
only as an org-owned ship, with the org committed to keeping the ship manned 24/7

otherwise ebil piwates will come and steal it

it won't attract customers if the markets are only open sporadically

Last edited:

Irishnutcase

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Irishnutcase
I did not bother to read all the posts. Why? Because I have beer to drink and games to play wile drunk damn it!
Anyway, I don't think we would need to sweat over the upkeep of tow or three carriers IF we can throw our own products at it. Like for instance, you call up us rock radiers and say "We need enough shit to keep our carriers running!" Cool! We go mine and turn all that ore into stuff needed to keep the carrier(s) flying. Also leave some kegs for us as a thank you after words, thanks guys!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I did not bother to read all the posts. Why? Because I have beer to drink and games to play wile drunk damn it!
Anyway, I don't think we would need to sweat over the upkeep of tow or three carriers IF we can throw our own products at it. Like for instance, you call up us rock radiers and say "We need enough shit to keep our carriers running!" Cool! We go mine and turn all that ore into stuff needed to keep the carrier(s) flying. Also leave some kegs for us as a thank you after words, thanks guys!
You mentioned beer, right? It's all for nothing without beer.

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
Not sure how the respawn mechanics are going to work, but there may be cases where you keep it stock and destroy it when it get unmanageable - just LTI it. Since it is going to require specialized Landing pads or docks it may not be worth it to have to fuel it and fly it back to where your spot was. Hopefully, we'll have mechanics that will allow the org to build outposts to handle it - let montoya pay for the repairs :)

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Not sure how the respawn mechanics are going to work, but there may be cases where you keep it stock and destroy it when it get unmanageable - just LTI it. Since it is going to require specialized Landing pads or docks it may not be worth it to have to fuel it and fly it back to where your spot was. Hopefully, we'll have mechanics that will allow the org to build outposts to handle it - let montoya pay for the repairs :)
Unfortunately, we don't know how the whole claiming and insurance system will work at that point since CIG has indicated the current system is more of a placeholder until they decide how they want the permanent system to work.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Unfortunately, we don't know how the whole claiming and insurance system will work at that point since CIG has indicated the current system is more of a placeholder until they decide how they want the permanent system to work.
They have hinted that the base hulls while capable of doing entry level would be a poor substitute for a fully upgraded ship. So it is possible to use the insurance claim system to get back a ship lost it's going to take far more cash and time to upgrade the ship components and weapons if they are even available. So it easily could be that the cost of fuel and hull repair is far cheaper than replacing all of the upgrades on the ship. I'll have to find the video but in the last few months they were talking about how the ships themselves are our home and in some ways our aviator and what we spend our in-game currency on not only in increasing its abilities but also in customization inside and out. We are seeing a little of it with the 300 customizations, the armor and weapon racks, the teddy bear and turtles. Even buying food for your crew and yourself is going to cost. So I have a feeling while the death of the spaceman might be a bummer in having to roll a new look, losing a ship will cause players to break keyboards.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
...Hopefully, we'll have mechanics that will allow the org to build outposts to handle it - let montoya pay for the repairs :)
Montoya?

if you don't think we're going to be taxed for the priviledge of being Dear Leader's mnions I have a real estate deal you might be interested in

you see, there's this bridge across the East River in New York

you could buy it from me and set up toll booths

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
I have an extra Carrack that I was planning to possibly upgrade but now I'm not so sure. Think the endeavor may be my largest vessel, and I'm hoping whatever "science" fleshes out to be is profitable enough to warrant hauling it out of storage. Maybe I can make good aUEC growing the right foods hopefully

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I have an extra Carrack that I was planning to possibly upgrade but now I'm not so sure. Think the endeavor may be my largest vessel, and I'm hoping whatever "science" fleshes out to be is profitable enough to warrant hauling it out of storage. Maybe I can make good aUEC growing the right foods hopefully
The Endeavor seems like a ship that'll be high investment, high risk, high reward. So you'll need extensive capital to get it setup, crewed, supplied, then after you've completed a cycle look to profit (but could take a month or more before first returns are seen.)

Forgot your password?