latest Star Citizen Live episode - bobbleheads

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Jeeze, the comments on the YouTube video.

I'm calling it here and now: The salt has officially gone FULL RETARD

1581172843020.png

Backers: "MAKE US THE STRETCH GOALS OR THIS IS A SCAM AND NO MORE PLEDGES FOR YOU!"
CIG: "Here you go, we are working on the $3,5 million stretch goal, it's ship decoration bobbleheads"
Backers going full retard: "OH MA GAWD WOT U SPENDIN' MA MUNNIE ON WUT IZ THS SHT NO MOAR MUNEEEEEEE FOUR YOOOOO!"

For grief sake guys this isn't just them sodding about it's one of the stretch goals which backers have been demanding completed for years - either you want the stretch goals done or you don't.

The video is an hour which you might say is a little excessive for a single piece of flair, but hey they did a full hour for that Big Bennies thing and people didn't loose their shit half as hard as they are right now:

View: https://youtu.be/FbnBGMG7Cs4

I say TEST takes these trinkets and OWNS them, if we are the only group in the 'Verse that supports them we'll be able to get the first one to be of The Glorious Leader stomping the desiccated skulls of his enemies.

Last edited:

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Well, let's me honest, I can't say I don't like the video, for me it's always interesting seeing how things are made, but I don't feel this is the time to waste time and resources in this little things that still are not going to be in-game for a log time anyway, and for the video I'll like to see something on things that are more close to being released into the game, like now FPS weapon, new armour (geez when was the last time we had an armour released...?), Crusader iis going to be released in 6 less then 5 months, why not show something about the design of the incoming floating station or the New Babbage interior progress....

I don't agree with all the salty comment on this SCL but can't say it was an interesting one too, they have done far more interesting one in the past.... like the one on the helmet design, or the corridor section, or the space station hall they have done in the past.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well, let's me honest, I can't say I don't like the video, for me it's always interesting seeing how things are made, but I don't feel this is the time to waste time and resources in this little things that still are not going to be in-game for a log time anyway, and for the video I'll like to see something on things that are more close to being released into the game, like now FPS weapon, new armour (geez when was the last time we had an armour released...?), Crusader iis going to be released in 6 less then 5 months, why not show something about the design of the incoming floating station or the New Babbage interior progress....

I don't agree with all the salty comment on this SCL but can't say it was an interesting one too, they have done far more interesting one in the past.... like the one on the helmet design, or the corridor section, or the space station hall they have done in the past.
I can't disagree that it wasn't the biggest of topics to fill an hour our out with, and could have done with a wider scope on the subject with more about how ship flare will may differ from hangar flare and even if they can be interchanged between ship and hangar (still stating they can't talk about subject X or Y because if they do it'll be taken as gospel, which doesn't help but it WILL be taken as gospel), but it's more the backer comments - a few say "Didn't Interest me" or "That hour didn't have enough content" but many, and I mean many more than usual, are going off the deep end.

If it wasn't for the haven of sanity that is Test I swear i'd be going back to lurking.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Personally, while I'm not shocked, surprised nor upset over them making this video about the bobbleheads, I do think that this weeks shows would've been better if they had done a 15-20 show on the bobbleheads on Thurs with the 1 hour show on the incoming prison & justice feature / game play on Fri. That's my simplistic opinion on this subject.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Again, my guess is they are so knee-deep in SQ42 stuff they can't tell us about, they had to come up with something like this...and it is a stretch goal! lol!

BTW, if any of the kiddies out there haven't ever seen Tropic Thunder, drop everything and watch it tonite...it also makes a perfect Valentine's Day movie to watch with your sweetie!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Again, my guess is they are so knee-deep in SQ42 stuff they can't tell us about, they had to come up with something like this...and it is a stretch goal! lol!

BTW, if any of the kiddies out there haven't ever seen Tropic Thunder, drop everything and watch it tonite...it also makes a perfect Valentine's Day movie to watch with your sweetie!
While it isn't exactly "child friendly", my favorite V-Day movie is Deadpool. Other than the Carrack being released into the Verse this month, it's been the only thing of value to me pertaining to this month of the year. Cheers!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

While it isn't exactly "child friendly", my favorite V-Day movie is Deadpool. Other than the Carrack being released into the Verse this month, it's been the only thing of value to me pertaining to this month of the year. Cheers!
My suggestion for a decent Valentines Day movie would be Terry Gilliam's The Fisher King. A good old-fashioned story of guilt, poverty, love, madness and free video club membership.

Last edited:

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Idk, yeah, it's a stretch goal. Yeah, I kinda like bobbleheads. And tbh, taking an existing model, scaling it down, reducing polygons, making the head bigger, separating the head and making it bobbly. That's not very big task when compared to say, finishing BMM. And maybe few guys in the art team just didn't have other tasks to do.

But like, did we really need a video about this? All you need to say can be said on an email update, second paragraph, last sentence "Oh, and we made bobbleheads!"

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
My suggestion for a decent Valentines Day movie would be Terry Gilliam's The Fisher King. A good old-fashioned story of guilt, poverty, love, madness and free video club membership.
In this case, I add the movie Clerks for the V-day watching. Sorry in advance if people get disgusted or offended while watching it.

Idk, yeah, it's a stretch goal. Yeah, I kinda like bobbleheads. And tbh, taking an existing model, scaling it down, reducing polygons, making the head bigger, separating the head and making it bobbly. That's not very big task when compared to say, finishing BMM. And maybe few guys in the art team just didn't have other tasks to do.

But like, did we really need a video about this? All you need to say can be said on an email update, second paragraph, last sentence "Oh, and we made bobbleheads!"
Do you know what I would've liked to have seen instead of or as 1/2 the Bobblehead video? Then introducing up to the parts of the CitizenCon 2949 armor set that was included with the Digital Goodies Pack that some players purchased. At least we now know that the ship Plushie is going to be that of the Carrack.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
In this case, I add the movie Clerks for the V-day watching. Sorry in advance if people get disgusted or offended while watching it.
Well, at least it's not Clerks 2.

TEST Valentines Viewing so far:

Tropic Thunder,
Deadpool,
The Fisher King,
Clerks.

Sounds like one hellva romantic day.

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Well, at least it's not Clerks 2.

Tropic Thunder,
Deadpool,
The Fisher King,
Clerks.

What could be more romantic than a passionate Spanish guy with long hair playing guitar and singing to you? Nothing! That's why I nominate Desperado as my valentines day movie! And if you want even more sweaty Spanish guy you could also watch Assassins (with the added benefit of an Italian as well) ! Only down side is that there are no guitars in that one.

As for this bobblehead stream, I couldn't care less so I didn't watch it. They really should have skipped this and just let Sean Tracy talk for an hour (and a half) every week.

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev

Tropic Thunder,
Deadpool,
The Fisher King,
Clerks.

What ever happened to the classics? where's Eraserhead? what about Pink Flamingoes? ( Google the last one at your own risk )

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
What could be more romantic than a passionate Spanish guy with long hair playing guitar and singing to you? Nothing! That's why I nominate Desperado as my valentines day movie! And if you want even more sweaty Spanish guy you could also watch Assassins (with the added benefit of an Italian as well) ! Only down side is that there are no guitars in that one.

As for this bobblehead stream, I couldn't care less so I didn't watch it. They really should have skipped this and just let Sean Tracy talk for an hour (and a half) every week.

I take it you have a huge crush on Sean Tracy too.

Honestly, the Bobblehead while a tad lacking in content and rather slow due to the conversation well lack. But it's still better than an hour of them playing the game. (of course, an hour playing the game with one of the designers talking about design decisions wouldn't be bad)

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Honestly, the Bobblehead while a tad lacking in content and rather slow due to the conversation well lack. But it's still better than an hour of them playing the game. (of course, an hour playing the game with one of the designers talking about design decisions wouldn't be bad)
I think it was just a content filler. They needed a video, they made a video ... if you didn't watch it, you didn't miss much.

Forgot your password?