Latest whitebox of the Corsair

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
I love the sci-fi design language and I believe she is going to be one mean all-arounder for longer travels.

Corsair, Sen, Herald, and MSR are where I plan to be on most of my solo/small crew adventures. This will be a really fun ship once most of the core gameplay is online.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I dont expect amazing defenses, but its going to ... cough... punch above its weight class.
As per all the medium class ships, whether the guns are really useful will be determined by maneuverability and especially rotation rates. I think they'll have to be lower than the vanguard, Cutty and Lancer. just how far lower is the key to whether those guns mean anything. Last I checked this was planned to be the highest firepower available to pilot ship in game. I doubt it can hit anything smaller than a Lancer though. What that means is the turrets are more important for defense, than the guns for offense, so you do NOT want to fly this alone. Great pirate ship. For exploration, probably the 400i will be much better.

In history, Corsairs were the small ships pirates sailed in the Barbary wars area, as well as their sailors, who loaded small fast ships with too many men and used boarding to steal ships full of trade goods and made white slaves from the crews. Loaded for boarding with max distortion this does just over 5k dps. That is not nearly enough to take down medium shields, so unless CIG wamnts the distortion mechanic to be useless for boarding, they need to fix it.

Last edited:

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
To me, the Corsair is the direct competitor to the Aquila. You sacrifice the snub and gain pilot power. Both able to hold an exploration vehicle.

400i kinda does it's own thing. More like a high end touring explorer.

None of them are going to be ships you want to look for fights in solo most of the time. It's not their role in most encounters.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Yes, but the 400i has a mapping table. Only time will tell what functionality and play experience that really offers. It could make the ship a stand-out. Without a real reason to sit around that table, all it offers is richer RP. If it gains real function, well that is a serious issue in choosing an explorer and could easily mean more than the differences in size vehicle offered.

Reactions: White Lando
Forgot your password?