Leadership youtube series???

Duckforceone

Captain
Feb 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Duckforceone
So i have been thinking a bit.

And i am kind of interested in making a youtube series, about how to be a leader in star citizen. How to plan missions, how to execute them, and how to lead.

Would any of you be interested in this?

also, i am very much open to ideas.

This is based on my education as a military instructor of NCO's and officer training.

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
This could be really interesting. I am not much for giving you ideas ( as a redshirt I didn't live this long running face first into battle. I was one of the smarter lil guys that stayed in the back).
But seriously, I can see this as pretty beneficial. Are you going to cover troop tactics? or fleet squadron tactics (such as formation flying and such)? Or just general leadership training?

Duckforceone

Captain
Feb 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Duckforceone
Was thinking general leadership, and someone already reminded me i should do troop training and squad tactics too.

but as i don't know much about formation flying and stuff, i guess i would have to study up on that topic.

Guss De Blöd

Admiral
Donor
Jul 22, 2015
RSI Handle
gussdeblod
not really interested, as we don't know enough of the game's mechanic to really know how to plan and execute missions in game. You don't know the tools the game will provide.
It would be interesting if the game already provided us with these kinds of tools, but I think you're a little early for this kind of video.

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

Duckforceone

Captain
Feb 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Duckforceone
not really interested, as we don't know enough of the game's mechanic to really know how to plan and execute missions in game. You don't know the tools the game will provide.
It would be interesting if the game already provided us with these kinds of tools, but I think you're a little early for this kind of video.
Actually my topics would be above what the game gives you.

So it would mesh perfectly later on with whatever tools the game will provide.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
DO IT!!!!!

I mean, do it SIR!!

For those like me that always fantasised about going into the military, but were too skinny and wore glasses, this could be a good insight!

marctek

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Marctek
I think it sounds like a cool idea. Not sure I want to lead anything but everyone should get at least some leadership training as some of the best leaders don't lead by choice they lead because others naturally look to them for leadership.

I'm ex-military (Army) and wouldn't mind a refresher in some of these areas myself.

I would definitely check out check out the series, maybe then I wont have to chain my crew to their posts and break out a bullwhip.
You never know some of your crew might be into that.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Add a part where you keep asking Red 5 to defend the Y-wings wing and he doesn't answer because he insists on being called Young Jedi The Magnificent Starkiller
Big Red, Red Fox and Red October are standing by.

Also this is a cool idea.

Duckforceone

Captain
Feb 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Duckforceone
As an NCO in the Army who thinks his Sh!t smells like roses.... I'm always looking for more ways to be better and to lead better.

As far as SC goes... Hell if it relates to the game and how to manage a crew on my carrack or other ships... I'll take that benefit too.
well i'll happily teach you the danish way, so that should at least be variations on what you are used to.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
well i'll happily teach you the danish way, so that should at least be variations on what you are used to.
I work in a joint forces environment and find learning from other countries is a great way to pick up some amazing skills and styles. Be it weapons and tactics to the basic troop leading procedures....

Looking forward to your posts!

Duckforceone

Captain
Feb 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Duckforceone
ok my current thoughs are like this

Youtube

Short thoughts series
- Short vids, touching on many subjects about leadership in general, and fleet command

The Academy
- Longer vids, talking about the different parts of leadership and planning

Live Academy
- Multiple skype lessons in small teams. Teaching in depth leadership and fleet command and planning. Price to participate would be any ship donated to me. Thinking around 4-5 hours a lesson, with multiple lessons.

Varku

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Varku
As long as there are Cookies in your Cargobay, i'll follow you where ever you go...

The Number of Cookies in your Cargobay may decrease rapidly over time.

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
You should make people practice writing OPORDs before each and every mission. Then give a briefing and follow it up with a sand table discussion. Also don't forget METT-TC. ;)

Reactions: Duckforceone
Forgot your password?