[LEAK] Argo R.A.F.T. a new Argo cargo ship

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
IN•TER•EST•ING ○_○

Hmm, at a quick glance, it seems like it'd have around 5*(2*3*2) = 60 SCU capacity, similar to freelancer which has roughly the same dimensions as well (38x23.5x9.5), should those 5 rectangular containers seen below it be just standard large SCU containers (or maybe the large containers end up being 2*4*2, that'd make it 80 SCU). If they are, this would make it an ideal ship to load up Hull series of ships, because seriously, you're not going to sit there for several hours waiting for a fleet of Argo Cargos to crash the server moving those tiny 1 SCU boxes around.

Also, 2xS2 turret would seem to indicate this ship is not expected to participate in combat against anything more dangerous than rogue cargo boxes marked for demolition. So it's obviously going to hang around in very secure space, possibly just sit next to stations or working as a space elevator.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Thank you @Cugino83 , I learn here that the G12 is then released with 3.14 ! I missed that on the roadmap. Finally :)
Well you missed becouse is not on the road map...
It still very likely in the "very tentative" fase so CIG's guys didn't announce it yet (hey thay start ot learn something...), it will evetnually be added to 3.14 releas plan later as a "surprise"

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
With respect, while they said it's a cargo ship by ARGO, I disagree. Personally, I suspect that given its industrial nature, that it's the earlier CitizenCon mentioned Refining ship. Thus R.A.F.T. would potentially stand for Refining, Analyzing & Filtering Transport.

I suspect that those displayed "cargo containers" might actually be the mining storage pods from Prospectors & MOLEs that some are used to intake the materials, the others are where their refined products are sorted into to maximize profits when sold, similar to what happens on refining space stations but in a compact & transportable form.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
With respect, while they said it's a cargo ship by ARGO, I disagree. Personally, I suspect that given its industrial nature, that it's the earlier CitizenCon mentioned Refining ship. Thus R.A.F.T. would potentially stand for Refining, Analyzing & Filtering Transport.

I suspect that those displayed "cargo containers" might actually be the mining storage pods from Prospectors & MOLEs that some are used to intake the materials, the others are where their refined products are sorted into to maximize profits when sold, similar to what happens on refining space stations but in a compact & transportable form.
That would put it on my want list for sure... just saying.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Hmm... Well, the initials are important, but I think the acronym also suggests the usage, like M.O.L.E. being a mining ship.
So R.A.F.T. would be...

raft
/rɑːft/
noun
noun: raft; plural noun: rafts
  1. 1.
    a flat buoyant structure of timber or other materials fastened together, used as a boat or floating platform.
    • a small inflatable rubber or plastic boat, especially one for use in emergencies.
    • a floating mass of fallen trees, vegetation, ice, or other material.
    • a dense flock of swimming birds or mammals.
      "great rafts of cormorants, often 5,000 strong"
a dense flock of swimming birds or mammals.
I see! It must be some sort of a zoo ship. Seems like CIG will be revealing a new profession: The Zoo Keeper. I think the gameplay will consist of you traveling to alien worlds and then capturing various alien lifeforms, then travel to inhabited worlds to hold an exhibit. You could probably make a decent amount of UEC if you caught something really exotic that people really want to see, like a Banu Merchantman. Bet you could set the ticket price pretty high for that one.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I think Talonsbane may be correct. If that's the case, they would also need a mechanism to transfer cargo between ships as well as a refinery gameplay mechanic (the new golf swing). The mobile refinery does not work otherwise.

I am hoping that CIG has already gamed out on paper (at least) what repair mechanics will be in terms of resource usage. For example:
Aluminum (or Aluminium for the British here), titanium, Tungsten are used for hull plating and structure
Borase is used for repairing coolers and cooling systems
Copper is used in repairing power cabling
Gold is used for controls repair,
diamond, corundum, etc are used for repairing the "glass" in the windows of ships
etc., etc. etc.

This would start making collecting some of these materials a bit more valuable. You are out mining to finance your exploration expedition, or maybe you just want to load up your Crucible. Instead of ignoring the Aluminum, tungsten, diamond, copper, etc, you collect and refine it so that your Carrack can carry a load of repair materials in case you get into trouble. It also gives the refinery reason to refine them for people instead of just dumping them.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar

You are right that is a distillery ship ! Refining Alcohol & Finest Taste ! Now I get it ! ;) 🍻

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I think Talonsbane may be correct. If that's the case, they would also need a mechanism to transfer cargo between ships as well as a refinery gameplay mechanic (the new golf swing). The mobile refinery does not work otherwise.
I've heard that CIG has been working on a ship based tractor beam now that they've got the hand held version in game. That could be used to transfer the pods from 1 ship to the other with a tweak of the ship docking mechanic to seal & unseal them between the ships.

R.A.F.T.= RAGGEDY ASS FREAKIN’ TRANSPORT. And I will have one, damn it!
Um, DRAKE already have ships in the game that match that description. Just saying to help make your life easier. Cheers!

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino

Actually yesterday during dinner I was thinking the same.... after all during last (I mean 2019...) CitizenCon CIg announce 4 vehicle/ship:
- a mining rover (ceck)
- an alien cargo vessel (we already see a new logo in the announcement so.... almost ceck??')
- a Tavarin small fighter (ceck)
- and a refinery ship....

And yes those cargo container could be the detachable storege ffor the refined material: after all all the minig ship so far (and I think the Orian too) does have detachable cargo pod, having them also for the refinery ship feels natural and also complement the mining chain:
- a group of Prospector/M.O.L.E. for mining
- some support ship for refilling theyr cargo sachel and handmine/ROC mine
- some refinery ship to refine on-the spot the gathered material
- some cargo vessel to collect the refined material container and trasport them to selling location...

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Actually yesterday during dinner I was thinking the same.... after all during last (I mean 2019...) CitizenCon CIg announce 4 vehicle/ship:
- a mining rover (ceck)
- an alien cargo vessel (we already see a new logo in the announcement so.... almost ceck??')
- a Tavarin small fighter (ceck)
- and a refinery ship....

And yes those cargo container could be the detachable storege ffor the refined material: after all all the minig ship so far (and I think the Orian too) does have detachable cargo pod, having them also for the refinery ship feels natural and also complement the mining chain:
- a group of Prospector/M.O.L.E. for mining
- some support ship for refilling theyr cargo sachel and handmine/ROC mine
- some refinery ship to refine on-the spot the gathered material
- some cargo vessel to collect the refined material container and trasport them to selling location...
Exactly what I was thinking. CIG loves to provide opportunities for players to interact & benefit each other.

Reactions: Vavrik
Forgot your password?