Let's take Pyro as our own system.

Crichten

Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
Im_batman
Just watching through some Loremakers Guide and system info stuff.

With the recent info from Erin Roberts, that capturing a system and taking it for yourself is possible, I propose that we aim for Pyro, it's right next to Stanton so will be a very integral transport and shipping / sales hub possibly something similar to Yulai in Eve.

However it's also directly next to baddie space, we can do our good deed and protect the haulers and shoppers in Stanton, but were also directly next door to heavy PVP space and we can go hunt whoever we want....

Thoughts

P.s. I'm
Bored waiting for the missus to get dressed up for the ball hence the shit post haha

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
If we take everything we can charge players for simply logging in!!!

Then once we are rich enough we can buy CIG and develop more systems to rule and have them all rearranged to form a galactic sized TEST logo.

I may have "gone too far".

Crichten

Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
Im_batman
Well I can't argue the logic of the long term goal of the removal of the UEE and replacement thereof by the TDC (Test Drinking Club) have to start somewhere haha and at least by starting here we can take over the control of the spacelanes through which some very valuable commodities are transited.

Maybe a couple of surrounding unclaimed systems to start with, push the Van-boring back a few systems, provide that buffer and then slowly move fowards into the more valuable and prized systems.

A.Santos

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 6, 2016
RSI Handle
A_Santos
I don't see Pyro as a big win
There's nothing out there
No minerals, no gases, maybe a little science = no solid income
So besides illegal activity ( Which I do not see as a reliable income for a organization of our size ) why Pyro

again just my opinion regarding Pyro

Crichten

Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
Im_batman
For precisely the reasons you have given there.
No resources mean little interest and little resistance to prevent our initial takeover, however it does have a large jump into the Stanton system, which has been identified as a major trade hub by the Starmap.

It will likely be the only major hub with such an invaluable and unclaimed system directly next door.

Our income is going to be more based on ownership and rapidity of response to threats in the Stanton system, and being able to completely own that system.

As Stanton has all the direct links as well through safe routes and we would be in a position of control of the dangerous jump it would give our haulers / industrials safe access to their home through other safe systems.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
TEST will have outlaws, we will need systems that are free from UEE law enforcement

we also need abundant resources for mining and manufacturing to feed the war machine - outlaw status shouldn't bar anyone from productive pursuits so government controlled systems won't cut it

the third leg of the stool is proximity to markets

only emergent gameplay will determine the large market systems

so it's too early to pick a home

but rest assured, whatever systems meet our needs, we will take them over

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
so it's too early to pick a home
For lots of reasons, especially including that the entire star map will not be open at once. I suggest though, a stark-raving mad plan to take every unclaimed system the day it opens, and fill it with beer. I do not suggest "taking" any UEE system, as that is a fight we cannot win. But with 6-8 unclaimed planets suddenly claimed by us, we will bring the fight to our doorstep and have a home advantage. Alternatively we could leave just one unclaimed planet for everyone else to fight over and thus war between themselves to their dire ruin. Think of the possibilities. . .

If we want to control access to the Vanduul as a source of great times of pillage and ill-gotten goods, we should at least secure Oberon, Nul and Leir. I see no reason to share the spoils with any undignified, unkempt, un-TESTed. Whomever controls Oberon, Nul and Leir will control access to the "kill-'em-all, they-deserve-to-die-anyway!" critters. If this seems too tame a task, just note that were you to make any of these three home, you would need to "secure" in some lesser sense, all the systems it is connected to, which is a LOT of work. Some of those systems we should try to control access to, despite they are UEE. I think it is Kabal that will be filled with Tevarin artifacts and ships. Why should any unwashed, unclean, unTESTed be allowed there?

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
For lots of reasons, especially including that the entire star map will not be open at once. I suggest though, a stark-raving mad plan to take every unclaimed system the day it opens, and fill it with beer. I do not suggest "taking" any UEE system, as that is a fight we cannot win. But with 6-8 unclaimed planets suddenly claimed by us, we will bring the fight to our doorstep and have a home advantage. Alternatively we could leave just one unclaimed planet for everyone else to fight over and thus war between themselves to their dire ruin. Think of the possibilities. . .

If we want to control access to the Vanduul as a source of great times of pillage and ill-gotten goods, we should at least secure Oberon, Nul and Leir. I see no reason to share the spoils with any undignified, unkempt, un-TESTed. Whomever controls Oberon, Nul and Leir will control access to the "kill-'em-all, they-deserve-to-die-anyway!" critters. If this seems too tame a task, just note that were you to make any of these three home, you would need to "secure" in some lesser sense, all the systems it is connected to, which is a LOT of work. Some of those systems we should try to control access to, despite they are UEE. I think it is Kabal that will be filled with Tevarin artifacts and ships. Why should any unwashed, unclean, unTESTed be allowed there?
Stark raving mad. I like it. I concur.

Forgot your password?