Lets Talk About Guild/Squadron Member Cap !!

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
is it have to be LTI or no LTI is ok ? because i want a better hangar too.so if i buy conny,i wont get any LTI.but i got a better hangar than aero.and 35 just give me LTI
You can get Argo with LTI and then CCU that to Connie. That would transfer the LTI to the Connie. When the Sabre is for sale, you can get CCU from Connie to Sabre, which will transfer the LTI from the Argo to the Sabre.

Reactions: AstroSam

Duckforceone

Captain
Feb 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Duckforceone
Large Orgs are Global, while small or medium size Orgs tend to be Regional (with exceptions).
This means there should always be others to chat and play with.
Orgs are a social environment, as well as, a joint Operating Team in game.

Exploration, Mining and Transportation will be the focus of Star Citizen and the financial backbone (just as in real life).
This means many members will be needed to crew the fleet of ships with many others providing Security & Protection.
Also, these type of operations are best when performed 24/7 - as near as possible. Large Orgs are best suited for this.
This is one of the main reason that all large Orgs have a large percentage of Affiliate members. Working together for a common goal and play style, benefits everyone.

Placing a 'Limit Cap' on the size of an Organization simply would defeat the fundamental purpose of group play.
Star Citizen will not be the usual space 'shoot'em up' that we are all familiar with. For the first time in PC gaming, it promises to be a Virtual Realty Experience.

What I like BEST about TEST SQUADRON is our basic attitude that each person has the right to play their game when, how and with whom they wish. I will be participating in Fleet Ops for Exploration and am a member of TEST Rock Raiders. However, I will also be playing Solo or with a few friends to do some Trading and, of course, CityBoppin &BarHoppin.

No matter what your plans or style of game plan, TEST SQUADRON will always be on-line and with you.

Like statistics?

12,000 members - 3 major time zones = 4,000 members/TZ
4,000 member with an average of 10% on-line at any given time = 400 active members 24/7 (this is the 'Cap')
100 systems, as well as, the unknown regions = minimum of 3 to 4 Fleets of TESTies (small & medium fleets) going about their and Orgs business + Those exploring the unknown = ~50 to 60 members for each activity - Real Life 'surprises' leaves on average 30 to 40 TESTies.
Multi-crew ships for Exploring, Mining, Reclaiming, Transporting and security require 3-15 crew members each - 3 to 10 ships per Fleet (depending on the mission) and even a simple 'Ole Cosmic can see the benefits.

Darn, this is longest post I have ever made. Do I win anything?
Worst part is that because it contains more than 10 words, nobody will bother to read it. Perhaps that is the Good part.

FOR THOSE EXPECTING A CENTERFOLD PICTURE - instead of words.

Cheers.
i read it all... but only because you actually formatted it nicely... and had beerfarer in it...

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
To be honest there probably will be a cap imposed by sig at some point either during beta at some point or very early into the game upon full release. Them allowing anyone to have 10,000 is oversight on their part to start with unless they have plans for such large groups of people. Its not uncommon to split clans up in games and put in a cap when they feel they have gotten to big, I have been there and dealt with that.

WingCmdr_Goose

Grand Admiral
Jun 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Vault_Dweller
Even if there was a cap, which I doubt there will be, just make TEST sub orgs. Like the military for example has different divisions, companies, platoons and so on. The same concept can be used if such a cap is implemented. Of course eventually people will probably branch off anyways to make their own orgs and ally with TEST.

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
With CIG allowing for simultaneous membership in 10 different orgs, it seems to me that they expect to have some massive orgs in the game. It allows players to be part of both mega-organizations and smaller, more single purpose organizations. This may birth even larger organizations than Test is right now. So I would be surprised if they put a cap on it.

Maximum size also depends on certain things yet to be implemented. Depending on how they design the espionage side of the game, orgs may find themselves passively capped. Or, they could find themselves with the necessity to enact stricter joining policies thus limiting their size by nature. It depends on how easy or profitable it will be to betray an org. It is sad to say, the more people gather, the higher the likelihood someone in the crowd will ruin things for everyone else. It all depends on how much CIG wants to empower those people with those avenues of game play.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Imho an org like TEST is extremely important for having a counterweight against "serious" corps whose goal is to dominate SC.

full stop, nuff said ;)

orac_zen

Space Marshal
Mar 16, 2016
RSI Handle
orak1
I don't see a reason to have a cap. I like that test is a huge org and has several smaller divisions within it yet everyone has all the benefits that come with a large org. Please do not place any limits on the size of test!

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
if you CCU from the argo to the connie, I don't think you get the other hanger. You just get the hanger that came with the Argo. From my understanding, the only thing you change is the ship, but keep everything else that came with the package you originally purchased, including LTI

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Even if there was a cap, which I doubt there will be, just make TEST sub orgs. Like the military for example has different divisions, companies, platoons and so on. The same concept can be used if such a cap is implemented. Of course eventually people will probably branch off anyways to make their own orgs and ally with TEST.
Yeah in games that put in caps and make clans split they are still the same people just like sister orgs or branches :)

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
instancing

it is what will prevent supersized orgs from steamrolling smaller orgs

the big question IMO is whether enough of us are going to be able to interact together in real time for SC to have that 'epic' feel

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
instancing

it is what will prevent supersized orgs from steamrolling smaller orgs

the big question IMO is whether enough of us are going to be able to interact together in real time for SC to have that 'epic' feel
There was an interview with CR that someone snagged at gamescom. Sam made a thread about it here: https://testsquadron.com/threads/star-citizen-insider-questions-for-chris-roberts-gamescom-2016.8320/#post-126323

CR talks about the instance limits and how they are working to increase that. I hope that's a trend they intend to continue. I am right there with you on wanting that "epic" feel. Orgs like this one here are helping push the game in that direction. I wonder how much talk at CIG has there been when the instance cap is 50 and they have a 10,000ish member org on the books.

Forgot your password?