Let's talk piracy

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
With 9000 members currently, and more in the future, how are we going to know if someone is a testie or not before we blow them to smithereens?

Reactions: AstroSam

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
They should do "outfit" paint jobs so that only real test members can be black and yeller black and yeller

Reptar Khan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Quail_Girl
All the 'other pirates' will be reported to our zealous TEST Bounty Hunters... So that the PALS have less competition and more beer for All. TEST Fetts will (hopefully in exchange for some of said beer) warn PALS about goodly folk trying to make the game less fun for us.
TEST Synergy at its finest!

My Redeemer's coffee maker is ready.

For now... Once that scary Combat Corvette comes out I'm going to Capital Ship the lawful & goodness out of PALS opposition.

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
In response to knowing who is who in your guild, I assume it would work similarly to how it works in the game currently when someone joins your party. You can see a dot next to their ships or whatever, to signify the person in your party owns it. This could easily translate and be slightly different for identifying TEST members.

Also, there should be plenty of people and NPCs out there that our own bounty hunters should easily be able to avoid targeting their own org members.

Reactions: AstroSam

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
A dot? Where? How? You mean, one day there will be custom paintings possible besides of those who can be bought at the RSI shop...?

Reactions: Blind Owl

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
^^ that shit needs to be in the game how epic.

Him: "You lookin at me with that mobiglass boy? "
Me: "Who me no sir I were playing a video game that new star citizen one it's nearly out of beta"
Him: "Hahaha waste of credits you idiot. Hmm git outta here now boy"
Me: "Ok sir" *shuffles off*
Me: *looks over shoulder, whispers* "target confirmed, bounty 1,3 million, I'll warm the Avenger up, tango team go for extraction, slap him in cell 3"

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
With 9000 members currently, and more in the future, how are we going to know if someone is a testie or not before we blow them to smithereens?
I was thinking much the same thing regarding FPS. I think that we should be able to have a colour overlay or halo on top of ships and players. It could show green for organisation members and another colour for people you are actively 'grouped' with. In terms of universe logic that would something very feasible with the technology of the era.

Has anything been mentioned about in-game voice support? SC will be such a social game (multicrew ships etc) that relying upon text for coordination would seem ludicrous.

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
Naw, I only meant through the use of mobiglas, it could be easily possible to identify org-mates. Not exactly like this but (this is fan-made):

Lol. That will teach me for not reading to the end of the thread before replying to an older post. Yes, this sort of thing for friendly identification. Foe identification is more complex as it could be abused to spot hiding citizens/ships so would probably not be a good idea, and the ability to opt out of being colour-flagged to friends/org might be desirable. Has this been raised with RSI?

Reactions: Arrangingstars

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
Lol. That will teach me for not reading to the end of the thread before replying to an older post. Yes, this sort of thing for friendly identification. Foe identification is more complex as it could be abused to spot hiding citizens/ships so would probably not be a good idea, and the ability to opt out of being colour-flagged to friends/org might be desirable. Has this been raised with RSI?
As a bounty hunter, they could implement a way for you to register as a bounty hunter and get some sort of scanning tool to stealthily scan patrons in a bar/ships for bounties. Not 100% sure on whether or not there will be color flagging for friends/orgmates, or if this has been raised to RSI but we'll fine out! XD

Forgot your password?