Letter from the Chairman

How did you vote in the wave four ship poll?

• Total voters

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
Most of you have probably already seen this, but I wanted to post the link here:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14283-Letter-From-The-Chairman

What do you guys think about the new ships, and how did you vote?

Personally, I voted for the recon craft. There's been a lot of talk here about TEST scouts, and I like the idea of a specialized ship made just for recon, not to mention the fact that it may be able to be refitted as a small single man stealth dropship, depending on the size. I know, I know, that's what the prowler is for, but the idea of quietly landing near an enemy base and having one or two people in the ship to infiltrate it sounds awesome to me, and the smaller size vs. the prowler would make it harder to detect.

Trollmann

Admiral
Mar 12, 2014
RSI Handle
trollmann
Voted for the Starter.
We need more players for the game to survive and a broader range of low cost ships to achieve that.

Oryaka Drake

Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Oryaka
Probably the odd man out here, I voted for Minelayer/Minesweeper. I believe this would potentially bring a new level of covert warfare and protection into play. Thank about it, laying mines in a prominent trade lane used by competition. or placing mines to safeguard a prominent lane from outside intrusion. Could create intriguing opportunities to alter any player driven market in favor of those willing to go change the board, so to speak.

Reactions: Designated Drunk

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
I went with the 3rd starter, because Reasons.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Voted for the started. Pure and simple. As a new pledge (feels like in back I college) I think we need new members more then new cool toys.

I think I made my point known on the RSI website but holy crap can we have some cheap ships offered the aurora is the ultimate drunk capsule of doom but we could use some more started outside of the basics Right?

Trollmann

Admiral
Mar 12, 2014
RSI Handle
trollmann
Probably the odd man out here, I voted for Minelayer/Minesweeper. I believe this would potentially bring a new level of covert warfare and protection into play.
I don't see a reasonable implementation of that with the instance system. You could spend all your money on mines and not get a single UEC out of it because nobody in the instance ever went to the place you put down your mines.

Reactions: CrashMan054

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
I don't see a reasonable implementation of that with the instance system. You could spend all your money on mines and not get a single UEC out of it because nobody in the instance ever went to the place you put down your mines.
I've wondered about that, surely they must have some idea of how to make mining work in the PU, personally im not sure how instancing is going to work, will be interesting to see,

had a cool chat with baron on twitch the other day about how it was going to work

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I tried to have another go at the Search and Rescue vessel. Fairly well covered already, but worth another shot. I'd love to see a dedicated ambulance.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
The only use that I could think of is booby trapping your base or storage asteroid, and even then, it'd probably be cheaper to buy defense satellites or whatever static defenses they add.

WhooptyWoo

Admiral
Donor
Jul 18, 2014
RSI Handle
WhooptyWoo
I have to agree with the "more variety for noobs" comments. Logical thinking is logical.

BUT I am really surprised recon did not do better. You always hear about people wanting to play in sneaky, stealthy ships.

Why they did not make the connection between this ship and that play-style is beyond me.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
I have to agree with the "more variety for noobs" comments. Logical thinking is logical.

BUT I am really surprised recon did not do better. You always hear about people wanting to play in sneaky, stealthy ships.

Why they did not make the connection between this ship and that play-style is beyond me.
Yes, I actually voted for recon. I understand the reasoning behind the third starter, but I'd rather have a stealth ship, as I've heard a lot of comments about intel gathering and scouting. Currently, I don't see a ship specializing in that sort of thing.

Oryaka Drake

Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Oryaka
The instancing was not something I took into account. Yes, it could completely and totally destroy any want/need for a minelayer/sweeper.

I'm sure they haven't even really figured the instancing wrinkles out yet, so we will see what happens there.

Forgot your password?