Life is Feudal: Your Own

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
So a friend and I started playing Life is Feudal. We normally play WoW and talk in TS as we don't see each other that often in person. A game that doesn't need that much focus to play makes sense for us. Because the new WoW expansion will be released soon, we decided to try something else.

That's how we found Life is Feudal.

What is Life is Feudal (LiF)?
A working man simulator set in medieval times. You get shit into a landscape with nothing but a few cookies and a potato sack for clothing. Everything else needs to be crafted. The game is in alpha and the finished game is supposed to be a MMO. For now you can set up a server and play with friends (max 64 players) in a 3km x 3km(?) area.

The Crafting
Well, I have played several games that included crafting, but never have I played something like this. The crafting in LiF has more to do with real life work. Waiting times and needed ressources are intense. I don't know how to explain it, but even the most basic tools and constructions need extensiv forward planning and, and this is key, teamwork. Without other players you will (most likely) not be able to survice on your own. You just don't have enough time to farm, log, mine, construct and hunt on your own. You need at least two people just to make sure you can fullfill your basic needs, better more, especially if you want to create big villages. We are three people on ower server and manage to do only so much in a day. It makes sense to have players decide on a carrer path (farmer, miner, carpenter etc.), because the later actions need a lot of time and ressources.

"This sounds like work, TypeO. How is that fun?"
To be honest, I don't know. I work a lot in real life, but I am still having fun with this game. To accomplish something basic as building a chest is very satisfiying. I can't wait to have my own house and metal tools.

The Fighting
I don't know much how fighting feels like as I am still wearing my potato sack and only own stone tools (+ a hammersmiths hammer), but it looks a bit like Chivalery with formations. Here are some videos.

Conclusion
It can be fun if the explanation above doesn't make you run. Especially a project with many people is a very interesting way to play together, helping each other and having different jobs that have an impact, be it wood cutter or armor smith. A server is nothing if even basic roles aren't fullfilled. Be careful with public server as there are bandits and griefers everywhere.

Interested? Life is Feudal: Your Own Website

If there are enough people interested in having a server I would sponsor one (Europe based).

Last edited:

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
Definitely a cool idea. However I will be waiting until the game is further along. I don't like purchasing early access games. More-so because I'm poor.

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
Looks cozy, n sheeet.

xecto

Space Marshal
Sep 26, 2014
RSI Handle
xecto
I'm looking to get into that game, so I'm up for it if/when you go through with this. I'll proabably not buy it until it goes on sale though.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?