Live/PTU installer help

Dorian Grey

Space Marshal
Feb 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Renstler
So I realized I was using the old cig launcher installer w/o Delta patcher. I downloaded the new one and it deleted the entire game. It's redownloading but the ptu only. Now I connect and it takes me to the ptu.cloudimperium site. Do I need to have the live and ptu games on separate install folders? Am I doomed?

Thanks

Attachments

Dorian Grey

Space Marshal
Feb 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Renstler
I just re-downloaded 2.6 into a separate folder. Now it works fine. Every few updates, it deletes 2.6 again, but if you don't mind downloading it again, it shouldn't be an issue.
Oh ok. So this new interface is only for the PTU?

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I just re-downloaded 2.6 into a separate folder. Now it works fine. Every few updates, it deletes 2.6 again, but if you don't mind downloading it again, it shouldn't be an issue.
You can tell it NOT to uninstall the old launcher and game.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I installed and have reinstalled 3.0 Delta patch/loader and game 3 times now and never had any problem with it removing anything I didn't give permission for.

(Strange how it always amuse me so much, when that computer users never did anything strange/wrong or fault when computers do something they where not suppose to do ) LMAO

And forr the record the New Delta loader/patcher will replace the old one permanently...

Only way to play 2.6 later when 3.0 goes live will be if you got the old install folder intact and start from a shortcut to .exe file, there is no need for the old loader at all to play 2.6. never have been, only reason for old loader was to update with new download...

After that was done you could close it make a shortcut to .exe file and never start loader again unless a new update was avail.

The new Delta Patch/loader does not work like this at all and is needed to play the game and to get regularly updates which now with new loader is done in couple min then your of playing again.

Just awesome :D

And for what I seen when playing 3.0 now, there is no reason what so ever I ever want to play 2.6 again..ever.. :beers: :beers: :beers:

Last edited:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
You can tell it NOT to uninstall the old launcher and game.
That hasn't actually worked, for me. It says it's not going to do it, but it still uninstalls them.
You have to say 2 times that you don't want to uninstall the old version. It worked for me every launcher update.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Did the same for me as well, I told it not to remove the live build, it removed it, I took a sip of my drink and shrugged it off and rolled with it.
Does it remove your 2.6.3 launcher or does it also remove your PU 2.6.3? C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\*.* With the 2.6.3 you also can do a shortcut:
- copy the complete C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen directory
- reinstall the 2.6.3 launcher
- abort the download
- copy your backup to C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen
- continue download
The download and install will be super fast because the files already are present.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Why make it so complicated with something so simple??

2.6.3 in org install folder... no change X:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\

3.0 installed under new folder X:\Roberts Space Industries\

Cheers! :beers: :beers:

Forgot your password?