Living the Dream

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'd expect a military design to be built around defense which would mean limited points of entry with an easy to defend/hard to access form outside point of exit should the entrance be overwhelmed. Perhaps there may be a cevilianized version along at some point with multiple?

The civilian MISC Starfarer with only one entry point is confusing as it effects utility, however the military Starfarer Gemini makes sense to limit the points of vulnerability, except for the entry point is the width of a road.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I'd expect a military design to be built around defense which would mean limited points of entry with an easy to defend/hard to access form outside point of exit should the entrance be overwhelmed. Perhaps there may be a cevilianized version along at some point with multiple?

The civilian MISC Starfarer with only one entry point is confusing as it effects utility, however the military Starfarer Gemini makes sense to limit the points of vulnerability, except for the entry point is the width of a road.

That's the thing a main elevator out the bottom would be a death trap if used by a hostile boarding party. The hanger and docking collars would allow for a far more defensible push into the ship as the elevator not only alerts the defenders to the door opening but does not give any cover as well as I believe the elevator doesn't have a roof so defenders can shoot down from above on the poor trapped boarders.

But even still the Carrack's role is not to be a front line combat ship so shouldn't be as worried about hostile borders.

zelange

Space Marshal
Feb 5, 2018
RSI Handle
zelange
I too, enjoy my carrack, maybe to much as I need to force myself to use other ship for time to time.

I take her for a spin in space or fps combat when I have a crew, if not I do cargo, and I love just seeing her flying! I swap back to the pontes as I can't support the cool down, speed, the delay of the agni.

I can't wait to get the antenna deployed or to use others pods!

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?