Living the Dream

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
The gibbening, has happened, the Carrack is here, and we are, now, living the dream.

I cannot say enough about how much the Carrack has met, if not exceeded, my expectations.

While I was not a fan of the first looks we had at the redesign after the aesthetically near perfection of the concept shown about a year ago, I can now say the the shape we have has grown on me, a nice combination of grace and power, sturdy if not svelte.

But the proof, as they say, is in the pudding - and the pudding is pretty damn amazing. Living and working in the Carrack is demonstrating that, IMO, the wait was worth it. The ship just works as designed even though much of the ultimate capabilities are not yet implemented (exploration, jumps, drones, deployable cargo pods).

She is chonk, her armor and shields are tonk, the weapons arcs are extremely well implemented, the cargo capacity is great, the garage and shuttle bay are impressively multi-purpose, and while she may not be fast, she is outrageously efficient for her size.

I have tried several times to try and capture in words my satisfaction with this ship but keep finding there are no words to adequately convey the feelings it stirs - she is Serenity, she is Enterprise, she is Liberator, she is Rocinante, she is the Millenium Falcon - she is all the best Science Fiction has given us but ultimately, she is freedom, she is power, she is grace, and she is home - best of all, she is finally here.

To the crew at CIG, thank you is not enough but it is all we have - you have made dreams a reality.

'Gimp

ScreenShot0076.jpg

ScreenShot0100.jpg

ScreenShot0104.jpg

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
I originally also was like, why doesn't this damned elevator go to the ground - BUT, considering the access that elevator has to the entirety of the ship (especially the EVA storage and armories) I am not as sure now - but the ramp makes me nervous every time I open it because you can't currently stop it and it is slow to close.

Ladders on the gear legs with access to the pressure doors for the side turrets or a deplyable ladder at the docking collar would be good alternates as well.

'Gimp

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I originally also was like, why doesn't this damned elevator go to the ground - BUT, considering the access that elevator has to the entirety of the ship (especially the EVA storage and armories) I am not as sure now - but the ramp makes me nervous every time I open it because you can't currently stop it and it is slow to close.

Ladders on the gear legs with access to the pressure doors for the side turrets or a deplyable ladder at the docking collar would be good alternates as well.

'Gimp

No Ladders!!! Those things have killed more then astroids. It's the same principle as no caps for superheroes.

The reason for the Elevator is because it has full access to every level of the ship. Medical emergency you can take them directly up to sickbay. Need to repair your mining laser or check the maps after spelunking. Right now you have to access the front ramp then go up the elevator to the habitation deck before walking back. While it is possible to go from the front ramp and walk back past the storage containers they can be dropped and thus you would not have that path available.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Carrack Testing Commences.

After extensive testing we confirm that you can not fit a vanvuard warden into the carracks fighter bay.

My dreams, ruin.

ScreenShot0242.jpg

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Waking up early in the morning. Sit out on the flight deck with a cuppa coffee and a newspaper.
ScreenShot0231.jpg

Now it's time to get your skates on - there's work to be done!
ScreenShot0232.jpg

It's a long way to go! I've plotted my route, the computer has successfully calculated the jump. Time to engage those famous jump drives! It's what the carrack was made for!!
ScreenShot0230.jpg

Carrack is love. Carrack is Life. This is the dream we had been waiting for, for so long!!
Knipsel_3.JPG

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
The gibbening, has happened, the Carrack is here, and we are, now, living the dream.

I cannot say enough about how much the Carrack has met, if not exceeded, my expectations.

While I was not a fan of the first looks we had at the redesign after the aesthetically near perfection of the concept shown about a year ago, I can now say the the shape we have has grown on me, a nice combination of grace and power, sturdy if not svelte.

But the proof, as they say, is in the pudding - and the pudding is pretty damn amazing. Living and working in the Carrack is demonstrating that, IMO, the wait was worth it. The ship just works as designed even though much of the ultimate capabilities are not yet implemented (exploration, jumps, drones, deployable cargo pods).

She is chonk, her armor and shields are tonk, the weapons arcs are extremely well implemented, the cargo capacity is great, the garage and shuttle bay are impressively multi-purpose, and while she may not be fast, she is outrageously efficient for her size.

I have tried several times to try and capture in words my satisfaction with this ship but keep finding there are no words to adequately convey the feelings it stirs - she is Serenity, she is Enterprise, she is Liberator, she is Rocinante, she is the Millenium Falcon - she is all the best Science Fiction has given us but ultimately, she is freedom, she is power, she is grace, and she is home - best of all, she is finally here.

To the crew at CIG, thank you is not enough but it is all we have - you have made dreams a reality.

'Gimp

View attachment 15136

View attachment 15137

View attachment 15138
Well spoken, as you spoke my thoughts, first time I flew it and start exploring the interior and exterior... I was home and it feels great.

CHEERS! 🍻

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

'Gimp

View attachment 15136

View attachment 15137

View attachment 15138
Oh my God. I've been so freaking busy with family and working on the house since I got home from the Middle East, I have yet to actually sit down and play anything, much less SC. I haven't explored the Carrack at all, and I've been waiting for this ship since I joined. This thread has just opened my eyes to some of the beauty in this game and this ship.
I need to get in game.

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
@Blind Owl glad you are home bro!

You are welcome aboard my ships anytime - real family first, TEST family second.

CIG is getting better at ship design with each new one they complete and the wait was definitely worth it for Carrack. It isn't perfect but for me it holds all the promise the original concept offered. The shields and armor, so far, have proven more than stronk enough to give me the opportunity to just leave any nonconsentual engagement and where I originally didn't think she was soloable, for now with small server populations and careful play I am managing although I think I'll start having folks along just for fun if nothing else.

Ultimately, she feels 'real', like a Connie on steroids for me. As we get more physicalized inventory and survival mechanics her size and equipment will become a real benefit - and as more of the gameplay loops related to her core functions come online the possibilities will expand exponentially.

I was on for almost 3 hours yesterday - did some box delivery missions combined with a moderate investment cargo run, 3 long jumps (HUR-CRU, CRU-ARC, ARC-HUR), had the 2 Cyclones, Ursa and Pisces along, made planetfall at Cellin, Yela, Daymar, Aberdeen, Ita and Hurston - and it was mostly smooth sailing except for when some Captain Jackhole Sparrow wannabe tried to board without permission (denied) - just pushed through and plotted a jump while he pointlessly shot at me (she is chonky tonky) - I can average about 20K aUEC\hr in a chill style that let's me see different planets and moons, although I am avoiding certain areas to minimize encounters with d-bags and ass-hoes - all in all though, yeah, living the dream.

'Gimp

ScreenShot0119.jpg

ScreenShot0125.jpg

ScreenShot0129.jpg

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
@Blind Owl glad you are home bro!

You are welcome aboard my ships anytime - real family first, TEST family second.

CIG is getting better at ship design with each new one they complete and the wait was definitely worth it for Carrack. It isn't perfect but for me it holds all the promise the original concept offered. The shields and armor, so far, have proven more than stronk enough to give me the opportunity to just leave any nonconsentual engagement and where I originally didn't think she was soloable, for now with small server populations and careful play I am managing although I think I'll start having folks along just for fun if nothing else.

Ultimately, she feels 'real', like a Connie on steroids for me. As we get more physicalized inventory and survival mechanics her size and equipment will become a real benefit - and as more of the gameplay loops related to her core functions come online the possibilities will expand exponentially.

I was on for almost 3 hours yesterday - did some box delivery missions combined with a moderate investment cargo run, 3 long jumps (HUR-CRU, CRU-ARC, ARC-HUR), had the 2 Cyclones, Ursa and Pisces along, made planetfall at Cellin, Yela, Daymar, Aberdeen, Ita and Hurston - and it was mostly smooth sailing except for when some Captain Jackhole Sparrow wannabe tried to board without permission (denied) - just pushed through and plotted a jump while he pointlessly shot at me (she is chonky tonky) - I can average about 20K aUEC\hr in a chill style that let's me see different planets and moons, although I am avoiding certain areas to minimize encounters with d-bags and ass-hoes - all in all though, yeah, living the dream.

'Gimp

View attachment 15170

View attachment 15171

View attachment 15172
Damn. Ok. So things to see and stuff to do. Now to wrangle up some time. Thanks for this 'Gimp. I really appreciate it.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Damn. Ok. So things to see and stuff to do. Now to wrangle up some time. Thanks for this 'Gimp. I really appreciate it.

The best part is with 3.9 you don't need to go anywhere. Grab a keg or two from the pub have it delivered to your Carrack and just sit back and enjoy the work that went into this spectacular ship.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I couldn’t agree more. I was away from SC for awhile. I moved, got a new job, new baby boy, and moved again. Started settling down and saw the carrack was coming out. I’m so happy with it. Thanks again Blind Owl for getting it to me.
Baby boy!! That's so freaking exciting. If I haven't already said it, congrats!
And yeah man, good God, I remember doing that with you around April/May 2018. I was working on getting rid of the 0 dollar CCUs I had. Lol. Worked out great. Glad you're enjoying. I was doing some of those deals from my phone while my wife drove on our way out to New Brunswick.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Was watching An Architect Reviews of the Carrack last night and was reminded of the armor weapon lockers at the end of the garage level past the storage containers near the main elevator. It really was like they fully intended that elevator to go to the ground and allow for large parts, food, drink and personal to enter the ship from the ground instead of being required to enter from the garage and walk all the way back through the cargo containers.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybsu2Af9AI0

Forgot your password?