Loaning Ships to the Org

Trick Shot Bob

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Trick_Shot_Bob
Due to our enthusiasm for all things SC there are fair number of us who have bought small fleets of ships for our own hangers, thankfully most of our wives/husbands and SO’s have yet to find out exactly how much we've spent…

Realistically I have more ships that I can fly in one gaming session, it’s going to be a bloody shame for some of these ships to sit in my hangar collecting dust.

So I'm thinking, would I be able to loan unused ships to the Org Hangar for other members to use?

Also if we can work out a system to stop abuse & cover insurance, would others be interested in doing something similar with rarely used ships?

Reactions: WhooptyWoo

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I planed on renting out some of mine if there was a system in place. I don't know why not loaning ships to the org.
#happy

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
I'm sure a lot of backers will have more ships than they can pilot themselves. However once the game finally releases new players will be coming in with pretty much nothing more than an Aurora or some other basic starter ship, if even that. It's those players that will need help in the form of rental/borrowed ships to help fill roles within the organization.

It is definitely a great idea to have ships available for our new recruits, but at the same time you don't just want to be handing ships out to every random new guy that joins. Perhaps TEST could come up with our own internal REC point system where players can earn points used to rent/purchase ships from our organizations hangar.

Reactions: Trick Shot Bob

Cervos

Vice Admiral
Donor
May 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Cervos
General interest on my side as well, I have more ships than I can fly alone and many multi-crew vessels. What I'd want to understand is the mechanics involved in the game (which they haven't designed/shared yet) in order to figure out how much Org rules and overhead is required.

Example if loaning a ship to someone is largely penalty-free, i.e. if they blow it up it's trivial cost, they can't incur faction penalties against my for using the ship illegally, etc, then I'm pretty open about who flies whatever I'm not using. If loaning a ship can incur serious penalties for me, i.e. blowing it up is expensive, there's no mechanic in the game for me to forcibly take it back if they won't land it in my hanger, etc, then I'm not going to hand it over to Joe Bag o Donuts who just signed up for TEST.

In the latter case we'd need much more overhead for people to earn the trust of fellow testies. That's where your idea of internal REC or something like it comes in. Maybe some sort of common insurance pool, pay X UEC into a guild bank to borrow an org mate's ship, then when you crash it and rage quit the org, the person who loaned the ship can pull from the org insurance pool to cover losses.

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
Organization Insurance pool is a good idea too. This is TEST after all, there will need to be someway to cover all the damage costs.

Will this lead to TEST insurance brokers, agents, salesmen? Some more positions might just open up in logistics, or would that be under economy?

Fenrig

Rear Admiral
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fenrig
Will this lead to TEST insurance brokers, agents, salesmen? Some more positions might just open up in logistics, or would that be under economy?
Dats a vary nice Orion youse got dere. It'd uh sure be a shame for some nefarious-types to come by and mark the paint up. I think wees can do bidnis.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
It's supposedly coming with or after orgs 2.0, which is kind of on the backburner for turbulent at the moment.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I would definitely rent out some ships, assuming we have some kind of anti-griefing/ripping-off mechanism. No way I can play all of them at once.

Reactions: mromutt

DimwitTheWise

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Dimwit_the_Wise
I also have a variety of ships as I enjoy doing different tasks on different days. Mining, salvage, fuel, transport, info, etc. I hope their implementation is a solid one. Would be a nice way to help others and make a little on the side renting with some measure of assurances/insurances.

Forgot your password?