Logging into Mumble server issues

Parrottmath

Admiral
Nov 11, 2014
RSI Handle
parrottmath
I'm having difficulties logging into the mumble server. It seems to say that it doesn't like my user certificate / password. Is there anything that I can do? Seems I can connect using a different username but not parrottmath

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Could you describe how you fixed the problem so that others who run into similar issues can refer to this?

Parrottmath

Admiral
Nov 11, 2014
RSI Handle
parrottmath
The problem was I changed my certificate. If you are authenticated and you change your certificate (even unknowingly) you will get a mismatch problem and be prevented from logging into the server.

If this problem persists you can log-into the server with a different username than what any authenticated user is using.

If you need to get access to your old username, I believe that would require an admin to mumble to remove your previous certification, and become re-certified. But, I'm sure some evidence to the fact that is your username on mumble would be required.

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
The problem was I changed my certificate. If you are authenticated and you change your certificate (even unknowingly) you will get a mismatch problem and be prevented from logging into the server.

If this problem persists you can log-into the server with a different username than what any authenticated user is using.

If you need to get access to your old username, I believe that would require an admin to mumble to remove your previous certification, and become re-certified. But, I'm sure some evidence to the fact that is your username on mumble would be required.

exactly. that prevents people from unauthorized access with your username. your certificate is unique, it is your token and proves that you really are who you are. but only if you have been (at the moment manually by an admin) registered to the server.

registration mechanism will change over time, but certificates add another layer of security. right now that seems overkill, in the future it will be a must.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis

By admin on mumble do you mean the specific server you're trying to access or mumble in general i.e. a dev?

Parrottmath

Admiral
Nov 11, 2014
RSI Handle
parrottmath
I'm referring to the username on the particular server. So the people running the particular server you are trying to access.

Forgot your password?